There are so many things to consider when opening a Chase bank account-what kind of account to open, the necessary documents, the process- it can all be a little overwhelming if it’s your first account. That’s why I created this guide for anyone that’s new to banking. If you want to hear about some new bank account options, check out the full list of full list of Chase Checking Promotions.
The Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM accounts are great options for new customers that just want a standard bank account. If you sign up, you’ll even have the chance to earn a bonus of up to $350! For more Premium banking services, you may want to consider the Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM to earn $300 bonus.
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM Earn a $200 bonus when you open a new Chase Total Checking® account and set up direct deposit. Also earn a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase Savings(SM) account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 10 days & maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days. From innovative features to trusted service, Chase gives you the opportunity to do more with products such as Chase QuickDepositSM. Learn More---Chase Checking & Savings Review|
You can now open a Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM online or in-branch and get $300 when you open a new Chase Premier Plus Checking(SM) account and set up direct deposit. Unlike other Chase coupons, you can apply online directly. The Chase Premier Checking account comes with free Chase Debit Card, free Online Banking and Online Bill Pay, free Mobile Banking, free Account Alerts, and free access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and 5,200 branches. Apply Now---Chase Premier Plus Checking Review
What You Need:
- Official Identification (Driver’s license passport, etc.)
- Proof of Residency (Mail with your address on it)
- Social Security Card
- Initial Deposit
Checking or Savings Account:
Here’s a little breakdown on the differences between checking and savings accounts:
- Checking Account:
- Easy access to your money for daily transactions
- Able to use a debit card or checks linked to the account to make purchases or pay bills
- Can deposit checks or cash to any local ATM or Chase branch
- Savings Account:
- Gives you the ability to accumulate interest on funds
- Interest rates can be compounded on a daily, weekly, monthly, or annual basis
- Secure way to save up money
How to Apply for a Chase Bank Account (In-Person):
- Click on the Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM to get a coupon code by entering your email.
- Bring your coupon code to your local Chase Branch by April 16, 2017.
- At the Chase Branch, ask to speak with a personal banker to set up a Total Checking account + Savings account to earn up to $350 bonus
- Make sure you bring the necessary documentation to create the account such Driver License, Social Security card, initial deposit, proof residency.
- Review the checking or savings account options with your banker.
- Make your initial deposit (varies among different accounts) and set up your direct deposit ASAP to earn the bonus requirements.
- Receive temporary debit card and checks. If desired, your permanent debit card and checkbook will arrive within 10 business days.
How to Apply for a Chase Bank Account (Online):
- Click on Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM to apply online in order to earn $300 bonus with direct deposit.
- Click “Apply Online”
- Click on the option “I would like to start a new application.”
- Follow the application process. Confirm your account and enjoy your new cash bonus with a new bank account. (Receive temporary debit card and checks. If desired, your permanent debit card and checkbook will arrive within 10 business days.)
That’s all you need to know about opening your first bank account with Chase! Collect the necessary documents, print out a Chase Coupon Bonus, and sign up online or in-person! Once you’ve completed the process, you will be able to to withdraw and deposit money safely through Chase’s banking system. And if you used a coupon, you can expect your cash bonus to come within a few weeks of completing the requirements.