The United MileagePlus® Explorer Card starts off with 30,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Annual fee is waived the first year, $95 thereafter. No foreign transaction fees, double miles are earned when consumer purchases tickets through United, 1 mile per dollar spent on all other purchases. There is no penalty APR and the balance transfer fee is $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
United merger with Continental has announced a vastly improved United MileagePlus® Explorer Card with loaded benefits + 30,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. The new Chase United MileagePlus Explorer card is much better than its predecessor with free first checked bag each way for you and your travel companion, which is a savings of up to $100 per round trip. You get priority boarding in which cardmembers and companions can board immediately after first-class and elite travelers. Another extra perk with the Chase United MileagePlus Explore includes two one-time-use passes every year to United Club. Some other improvements with their frequent flier redemption policy include no seat restrictions or blackout dates and all seats can be acquired with miles.
United MileagePlus® Explorer Card
- Start with 30,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Check your first bag for free – save up to $100 per roundtrip
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club with two one-time-use passes every year
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn double miles on tickets purchased from United, and 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases
- Your miles don’t expire as long as your credit card account is open, with no limit to the number of miles you can earn
- Use your miles for any seat, any time, on any United flight
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95
The United MileagePlus® Explorer Card is great for those who prefer flying United and check bags on United flights. There is also a 10,000 bonus miles every year once you reach $25,000 in net purchases on the card. Your miles can be redeemed for airfare, hotel awards, rental car awards, dining, and merchandise. Economy class tickets, for example, start as low as 25,000 miles for a standard reward flight. Of course, don’t forget the first free checked bag for you and a companion on each United flight. You will find the United MileagePlus® Explorer Card to be a top notch card and extremely beneficial. With the abundant of sign-up bonus miles, there is no annual fee for the first year and $95 thereafter. Check out our complete credit card bonuses list!
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.