For those with a Discover It® Credit Card, the new 5% cash back bonus categories have just been announced for the First quarter of 2017. Those cardholders will be able to earn cashback on up to $1,500 in purchases at Gas Stations, Ground Transportation & Wholesale Clubs from January – March 2017. You can always buy gift cards at Sam’s Club to shop at Walmart. Activation is available now, and you can also activate your Q4 if you haven’t done so. Simply log into your Discover account to activate your 4th Quarter 5% Cashback Categories! Don’t forget to see our complete list of Discover Bank Promotions!
Tip: We have the Discover $50 Referral link. Simply make one purchase to get your $50 bonus! Don’t forget double cash back for the first year, which means you can get $100 referral bonus along with double for 5% cash back categories.
Discover 5% Cashback 2017 Q1 Categories:
- Gas Station – Standalone only. Those affiliated with superstores and supermarkets may not be eligible.
- Ground Transportation: – Local and suburban commuter transportation, including: ferries, passenger railways, taxicabs, limousines/rental cars and charter/tour bus lines
- Wholesale Clubs – Make sure your Discover card is accepted such as Sam’s Club. Purchases made using tap-and-pay, mobile or wireless card readers, virtual wallets or similar technology may not be eligible.
Rewards are added to your Cashback Bonus account within two billing periods. Not a Discover It Cardmember? Use this Referral Link to earn $50 bonus after first purchase within 3 months($100 for double cash back first year).
Discover It 2017 5% Cashback Categories:
- January-March: Gas Stations, Ground Transportation, & Wholesale Clubs (valid through 3/31/2017)
- April-June: TBA (valid through 6/30/2017)
- July-September: TBA (Valid through 9/30/2017)
- October-December: TBA (Activation begins 9/1/2017)
If you don’t have the Discover It®, you might be excited to hear that it has 0% APR for 12 months on balance transfers, no annual fee, no fee for your first late payment, no over limit fee, no fee for payments by phone, and no foreign transaction fees. In addition to these already great features, all eligible purchases made with your Discover card are protected for up to $500 during the first 90 days if they’re stolen or accidentally damaged. For more ways to Save Money, check out our full list!
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers the chance to earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. You can earn an additional 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening. Earn 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases worldwide. Your points go far since you get 20% off travel when redeemed thru Ultimate Rewards. All Chase Sapphire Preferred cardholders enjoy travel benefits and a direct access to a live adviser 24 hours a day. No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel. There is an introductory annual fee of $0 the first year, then $95. Apply Now---Chase Sapphire Preferred Review|