This content is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer. This site may be compensated through the through our partnership with Citi. Learn more on our Advertising Policy.
The Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card is tailored for those who travel often and very regularly stay at Hilton hotels. The outstanding sign-on bonus and annual loyalty bonus alone makes it extremely valuable and worthwhile. With the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve card, you’ll make all your stays at Hilton hotels count by earning an abundance of Hilton HHonors points for reward night stays and many more options to redeem.
Weekend Night Bonuses
In the first year, the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card offers the chance to earn up to 3 free weekend night stays. The weekend night stay certificates can be redeemed for a standard or double occupancy room at almost any Hilton hotel with a few exclusions of all inclusive resorts and other distinctive properties. Several ways to gain more value from your free weekend night stay certificates include redeeming for top-tier category 9 and 10 luxury hotels, redeeming during peak season, holidays, or special events, and bringing a family member, friend, or partner companion since there’s not an extra charge.
- 2 Weekend Night Stays – Earn the sign-on bonus of 2 weekend night stay certificates after making $2,500 in purchases within the first 4 months after account opening. With many top-tiered Hilton hotels to choose from, the value of this 2 weekend night stay bonus can be an impressive $1,000 or possibly more.
- Annual 1 Weekend Night Stay – Earn the annual loyalty bonus of 1 weekend night stay certificate after spending $10,000 in purchases each membership year. The 1 weekend night stay certificate can also be redeemed for a standard or double occupancy at the same Hilton hotel options as mentioned earlier. The absolute way to make the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve card worthwhile is by spending at least $10,000 every year and earning this 1 weekend night stay annual loyalty bonus. Consider it an annual bonus that’s worth $500 or more since 1 weekend night stay at Hilton’s top hotels and resorts costs that much.
Hilton HHonors Rewards & Gold Status
The Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card offers one of the biggest hotel reward rates of any card and puts you at immediate Gold status. This dynamic combination of features gives you even more earning power. It’s also fitting that there are no caps or limits on how many HHonors points you can earn.
- Earn 10 HHonors bonus points for every $1 spent on hotel stays within the Hilton portfolio of more than 4,400 hotels and resorts worldwide.
- Earn 5 HHonors bonus points for every $1 spent on airline and car rental purchases which can be more than what you’ll earn from most airline credit cards.
- Earn 3 HHonors bonus points for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
Attaining automatic HHonors Gold Status is one of the sweeter features of the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve card as you receive 25% additional bonus points from base points earned and every 5th night free on standard room reward stays of 5 nights or more. Imagine using your card to pay for a 5 night stay at a Hilton hotel where each night costs $250. Your total cost will only be $1,000 since the 5th night will be free. However, your total HHonors points earned will be a remarkable 22,500 points:
+ 10,000 Base Points = $1,000(cost) x 10 base points for every $1 for being a Hilton HHonors Program member
+ 10,000 Bonus Points = $1,000(cost) x 10 bonus points for every $1 from using your card
+ 2,500 Additional Bonus Points = 10,000 base points x 25% additional bonus points of base points from Gold status
Additional great features that come with Gold status include 2nd guest stays free, complimentary internet, access to fitness centers and health clubs, and express and late check out. Take it to another level by earning an upgrade to HHonors Diamond status by making $40,000 or more in purchases each year with your Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card(or meet the standard requirements). In addition to Gold status benefits, HHonors Diamond status members receive 50% additional bonus points from base points and a guaranteed room if the reservation was made at least 48 hours prior to your arrival.
No other loyalty program has more flexibility and options to use points than the Hilton HHonors program. The Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card sets you up to earn heaps of Hhonors points which can be redeemed, converted, transferred, and even gifted. You’ll feel like you can do anything with your HHonors points.
- Redeem for Hotel Stays & On Property Rewards – First and foremost, using your HHonors points for stays at Hilton hotels and resorts will get you the most value and is the heart of this rewards program. As little as 5,000 points will get you a standard room at a tier 1 hotel with no blackout dates which also applies to the highest tier 10 hotels and room upgrades. The flexibility of the Hilton HHonors program starts with Points & Money Rewards which means you can book a room with a combination of HHonors points and money. Use your points for on property restaurants, shopping, spas, activities, golf, and even gaming chips or whatever the location you’re staying has to offer.
- Convert to Miles – Convert HHonors points into miles for flights with dozens of airline partners including American Airlines, British Airways, Qatar Airlines, and Singapore Airlines just to name a few, and reciprocally, you can convert partner airline miles to HHonors points should the need arises. More travel redemption options include cruises, rails, and rental cars.
- Transfer Points – Transfer points earned from credit card partners American Express Membership Rewards, Citi ThankYou Rewards, and Club Rewards from Diners Club for more Hilton HHonors points. Never lose the points you’ve earned from these other reward programs. The ability to transfer points is such a great feature and can be a safety net by getting you out of a sticky situation.
- Shopping, Entertainment, Experiences – Shop for electronics, merchandise, and even SeaWorld and Universal Studios admission at the Hilton HHonors Shopping Mall. Find new adventures and experiences like body flying, sailing, and floatation treatments with Golden Moments.
- Receive, gift, Donate to Charity – There are other great ways to use your HHonors points: set up a HHonors Points Gift Registry to receive points towards that vacation you’ve been dreaming of, gifting your points to family and friends can be a great alternative to a tangible present, or donate to a charity to those in need.
The Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card is a highly regarded hotel and travel card. It offers unbeatable bonuses and rewards and an immensely flexible rewards program. It’s also necessary to mention that you’ll get Citi benefits like travel and purchase protection, Citi Price Rewind, and Citi Private Pass and you can take it anywhere you go since there are no foreign transaction fees. With all that the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve card has to offer, the $95 annual fee is definitely worth it. With 13 different brands and over 4,400 amazing locations in some of the most exotic places across 93 countries, the options are just about endless. Review our complete list for more credit card bonus promotions.
Disclaimer: These responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.