For those of you with a U.S. Bank Card, the new 5% cash back categories have been announced for the First Quarter of 2017. Cardholders will be able to earn up to $2,000 cash back on Ground Transportation, such as Uber and Amtrak starting February 15, 2017, replacing the Charities category. Log into you U.S. Bank account today and choose your First Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories!
U.S. Bank 5% Cashback 2017 Q1 Categories:
U.S. Bank offers the Cash+ Card, which lets you choose two categories every quarter to earn 5% cash back in. Starting February 15, 2017, cardholders will be able to earn cash back on ground transportation, such as Uber and Amtrak. Also on February 15, 2017, the category option “Charity” will no longer be available for 5% cash back.
- Categories for 5% Cashback
- Select Clothing Stores
- Cell Phones
- Electronic Stores
- Car Rentals
- Gyms/Fitness Centers
- Fast Food
- Charity (Will be replaced will Ground Transportation in February 15, 2017)
- Sporting Goods Store
- Department Stores
- Furniture Stores
- Movie Theatre
U.S. Bank Cashback 2017 5% Cashback:
- January – March: Select Clothing Stores, Cell Phones, Electronic Stores, Car Rentals, Gyms/Fitness Centers, Bookstores, Fast Food, Charity (Will be replaced will Ground Transportation in February 15, 2017), Sporting Goods Store, Department Stores, Furniture Stores, or Movie Theatres(Must choose two) (valid through 3/31/2017)
- April-June: TBA (valid through 6/30/2017)
- July-September: TBA (Valid through 9/30/2017)
- October-December: TBA (Activation begins 9/1/2017)
If you don’t have a U.S. Bank Cash+ Card, they have 0% Introductory APR for the first 9 billing cycles on any balances transferred within 30 days from account opening, 5% cashback on two categories you choose, 2% back on your choice of one every day category (limit of $2,000 earned), 1% cash back on everything else, no annual fee and no limit of total cash back earned. And if you’re a Uber or Amtrak user, they will be adding grounds transportation in February as one of their 5% cashback categories. For more ways to Save Money, check out our full list!
|Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers $100 back in statement credits after spending $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Along with no annual fee, you'll get maximum cash back in the following categories: 3% U.S. supermarkets up to $6,000(then 1%), 2% U.S. gas stations & select U.S. department stores, and 1% other purchases. Apply by 5/3/17 – Earn 10% cash back on purchases at U.S. Restaurants in the first 6 months, up to $200 back. Terms apply. Apply Now---Blue Cash Everyday Review |
American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog.