The American Express® Business Gold Card offers solutions to meet business needs. Get more rewards with 4X points on 2 select categories where you spend the most each month, plus earn 1X on other purchases! Once approved, you have the opportunity to earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
On top of this great opportunity to earn rewards for where your business spends most, you can earn an 25% airline bonus (25% of those points back) when you book your flight with American Express Travel using Membership Rewards® Pay with Points!
If you have a side business such as selling on eBay, Craigslist, or do freelance work, then your business is called sole proprietorship. Simply use your name as business ID and Social Security number as tax ID.
Table of Contents
American Express Business Gold Card Summary
With the American Express® Business Gold Card:
• Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.*
• More Rewards: Get 4X Membership Rewards® points on the 2 select categories where your business spent the most each month**
• **4X points apply to the first $150,000 in combined purchases from these 2 categories each calendar year.*
• Airline Bonus: Get 25% points back after you use points for all or part of an eligible flight booked with Amex Travel, up to 250,000 points back per calendar year.*
• Exclusive Offers: Get up to 1 year free on subscriptions to both G Suite Basic for up to 3 users and ZipRecruiter Standard, a combined value up to $3,200.*
• Pay Over Time Option: A flexible payment option to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.*
• Expense Management Tools: Connect to Quickbooks, access SpendManagerSM, receive a Year-End Summary, and more.*
• *Terms Apply
• See Rates & Fees
American Express Business Gold Card Highlights
- Quadruple Points. And then some.
- Earn more points in the 2 select categories where you spend the most each month. Earn 1X on other purchases.
- 4X points applies to the first $150,000 in combined purchases from these 2 categories each year.
- Earning Membership Rewards®
- The Membership Rewards® program keeps it simple. Just use your Card for purchases, large or small, and watch the points add up. Plus, there’s no limit to how many points you can earn, and don’t worry about expiration dates because there aren’t any.
- Redeeming Membership Rewards®
- The Membership Rewards® program offers a breadth of exceptional rewards and the most point transfer partners, of any major U.S. credit card loyalty program.
- 25% Airline Bonus
- Book your flight with American Express Travel using Membership Rewards® Pay with Points and get 25% of those points back.
- Either book any class flight with your selected qualifying airline, or a First or Business class flight. You can get up to 250,000 points back per calendar year.
- Flexibility to pay over time with interest, or pay your full balance, whichever is best for your business.
American Express Business Gold Card Benefits
Maximize Rewards with 4X Points! Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points on the 2 categories where your business spent the most each billing cycle from the list below, plus earn 1X on other purchases.
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- U.S. purchases for advertising in select media (online, TV, radio)
- U.S. purchases made directly from select technology providers of computer hardware, software, and cloud solutions
- U.S. purchases at gas stations
- U.S. purchases at restaurants
- U.S. purchases for shipping
4X points applies to the first $150,000 in combined purchases from these 2 categories each calendar year Then earn 1 point per dollar.
American Express Business Gold Card Exclusive Offers
- Up to 1 year free of G Suite Basic
- Get video conferencing, cloud storage, file sharing and more with G Suite by Google Cloud. Get up to 1 year free of G Suite Basic for up to 3 users in the form of statement credits for purchases on the Card in your first 12 months of Card Membership. New Card Members can take advantage of this exclusive offer simply by subscribing at gsuite.google.com and using their Card as the primary form of payment.
- Up to 1 year free of ZipRecruiter Standard
- ZipRecruiter can help make finding the right candidates easy. Get access to powerful tools to help you find top talent. Distribute job postings easily to over 100 job boards with just one click. Get up to 1 year free of ZipRecruiter Standard in the form of statement credits for purchases on the Card in your first 12 months of Card Membership. New Card Members can take advantage of this exclusive offer simply by subscribing at ziprecruiter.com and using their Card as the primary form of payment.
Both subscriptions are month to month and can be cancelled at any time.
Membership Rewards Points
With your Membership Rewards points, they can be transferred to nearly a dozen airline frequent flyer programs, usually on a 1:1 basis. Some of the participants include Delta, British Airways, Frontier, JetBlue, Virgin Atlantic, Air Canada, AeroMexico, Cathay Pacific, EL AL Israel Airlines, Air France & KLM, Hawaiian, Singapore, and many more. You can use you points for other travel including hotels, cruises, rental cars and much more.
If not, you could always cash out your points for gift cards and merchandise from over 500 different partners. Lastly, simply use the points for entertainment including Ticketmaster tickets and dining. Points have no expiration date and accrue as your spending grows. You can earn as many points as you want and you could redeem them whenever it is convenient for you.
Now, let’s keep in mind that this card does come with a $295 annual fee (See Rates & Fees), however, the airline bonus and the rewards you can earn with the American Express® Business Gold Card alone makes the annual fee seem subtle. The benefits far outweigh the what seemed to be a high annual fee! This card also offers extensive benefits such as exclusive access to Gold Card events, purchase protection, extended warranty, travel insurance and so much more. With an established business it’s nice to have a card in your portfolio that allows you to take control with your point earning categories.
You can continue your daily operations knowing that American Express is here to offer you the best. For more of the best business credit cards, check out our full listing. If you are interested in other credit card bonuses, check out all our reviews and exclusive offers here on HustlerMoneyBlog.com.
While American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
For rates and fees of the American Express Business Gold Card, please click here
|Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card||80,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Sapphire ReserveSM Card||50,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Ink Business CashSM Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||3% Cash Back||Review|
|UnitedSM Explorer Business Card||50,000 Miles||Review|
|Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®||70,000 Miles||Review|