Available nationwide, Betterment is offering a rate of 2.00% APY when you open an Smart Saver Savings Account with an opening deposit of any amount. Continue reading if you are interested in opening this account!
Table of Contents
About Betterment Smart Saver
Whether you are new to investing or a seasoned pro, Betterment has a range of products and services that are right for you and your money. With accounts such as the Betterment Smart Saver, you could earn 20x more than a typical savings account! The low-risk investing account will earn you more for your extra cash.
I’ll review Betterment Smart Saver below.
Betterment Smart Saver 2.00% Rate
To earn the 2.00% APY rate, simply open a new Smart Savers Savings Account and meet the deposit amount.
- Account Type: Smart Saver Savings Account
- Interest Rate: 2.00% APY
- Minimum Balance: None
- Maximum Balance: $1,000,000
- Availability: Nationwide (Online Bank)
- Credit Inquiry: Unknown, let us know
- Opening Deposit: Any amount
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown, Let us know
- Monthly Fee: None listed
- Early Termination Fee: None listed, check with CSR
(Member FINRA /SIPC)
American Express Personal Savings Account - You earn 1.00% interest rate along with no minimum deposits or monthly fees. Amex Personal Savings has been my favorite Hub account for the past 5 years. Using this account to Pull/Push your money is absolutely necessary when you have many accounts. Here's why:
*No dollar limitations for ACH transfers - When you find a top bank rate account, you don't want to be limited to just $5K or $10K transfers. Amex Savings will let you transfers as much as you want whether you are pulling or pushing money from and to an external bank account.
*1 to 2 business days ACH transfers speed - With top-notch user interface, you get your money to another external account or pull money from another bank account within a day or two.
*No loss of interest during transfers - On the day you initiate your transaction on the Personal Savings website, the funds will be reflected in your Current Balance and begin earning interest.
Some other features from American Express Personal Savings include Free Wire Transfers, 3 maximum linked accounts, and maximum 6 ACH withdrawals per month.
Savings account offers are frequently updated. Find the best nationwide Savings/Money Market rates here, and the best Savings account bonuses here. The Comenity Direct Savings and HSBC Direct Savings accounts offer great rates available nationwide which I recommend.
|Huntington Bank Relationship Money Market Account||1.25% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Money Market||1.00% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Savings Builder||0.95% APY||Review|
|UFB Direct High Yield Savings||1.00% APY||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||1.01% APY||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||1.00% APY||Review|
ACH Capabilities & Limits
|ACH Type||Speed||Daily $ Limit||Monthly $ Limit||Notes|
Editor’s Note: Help us with the table above in the comment section if you have experience with ACH capabilities.
How to Earn Betterment Smart Saver Rate
- Open a Smart Saver Savings Account from Betterment with an opening deposit of any amount.
- Input your info – Provide your name, address, phone, email and social security number or Tax ID.
- Fund the account – Transfer funds electronically from an internal account here or an external account at another bank.
- Earn 2.00% APY for all balances less than $1,000,000.
Why You Should Sign Up For This Account
- Maintain a positive balance to start off earning 2.00% APY
- Receive high earnings without paying back in monthly fees
- Funding accounts is made easy via bank transfers, mobile deposit, wire transfer or check
- Manage your accounts at your leisure from your computer, tablet or mobile device
- All deposits are FDIC insured to the maximum amount allowed by the law
Take advantage of Betterment’s Smart Savers Savings Account if you are looking to low-risk account. The fact that you are able to earn 20x more than a normal savings account definitely makes this account well worth your time.
If you are looking for more offers, take a look at our list of Best Bank Rates!
*Check back often to see the latest info on Betterment’s Smart Savers