The Business Green Rewards Card from American Express is offering 5,000 bonus Membership Rewards points after you make your first purchase. It is a charge card, which must be paid in full each month, hence there is no pre-set spending limit or finance charges.
With the purchasing power that evolves with your business, you can cover more expenses while earning points that you can use to reinvest in your business. Use your earned points to pay for travel, business expenses, Amazon.com purchases, and more.
There’s a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95 (see Rates & Fees). Learn more about this card’s full range of rewards and membership benefits.
Table of Contents
Amex Business Green Rewards Card Summary
With the Business Green Rewards Card from American Express:
• Earn 5,000 Membership Rewards® points after your first purchase on the Card
• Earn double Membership Rewards® points for each dollar of eligible purchases made when you book on the American Express Travel website
• Earn one Membership Rewards® point for each dollar you spend on eligible purchases
• Choose rewards from over 500 leading brands in travel, gift cards, merchandise or entertainment
• $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95
• Terms & Limitations Apply
• See Rates & Fees
Earning & Redeeming Membership Rewards Points
You’ll earn 5,000 bonus Membership Rewards points with your first purchase. Use them on travel, business expenses, and more in the Membership Rewards program.
Earn 1 point for every dollar you spend on purchases, 2 points for every dollar you spend with American Express Travel. Shop online at membershiprewards.com/earn to earn up to 10 points for every dollar at over 300 brands. There is no limit to the points you can earn, and points don’t expire.
Redeem your points by booking flights on any airline, without blackout dates or seat restrictions. Either pay down your statement balance or shop with points at Amazon.com. Get gift cards from leading brands and restaurants or use points at Ticketmaster to purchase tickets for concerts, theater, sports, and more.
Extended Perks & Benefits
- Baggage Insurance Plan covers you when you purchase your Common Carrier Conveyance (plane, train, ship, helicopter, or bus) on your eligible Card.
- Car Rental Loss & Damage Insurance covers your rental if it’s damaged or stolen. Simply use your card to reserve and pay for your rental. Then, decline the collision damage waiver at the rental counter.
- Global Assistance Hotline guarantees you 24/7 medical, legal, financial, and emergency assistance when you’re more than 100 miles from home.
- Roadside Assistance guarantees you 24/7 help when you’re more than 50 miles from home. Whether you’ve got a flat, empty tank, or need a tow to the nearest garage, you can get assistance.
- Purchase Protection protects eligible purchases made with the card against accidental damage and theft for up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Coverage is limited to $1,000 per occurrence, up to $50,000 per cardmember account per calendar year.
- Return Protection is available if a store or vendor won’t return an eligible item you purchased with your card. American Express can refund your purchase price up to $300 per item (excluding shipping and handling), up to $1,000 per account each year.
- Extended Warranty extends the terms of the original U.S. manufacturer’s warranty for up to 1 additional year on eligible purchases made to your card. This is available on warranties of 5 years or less. Coverage is limited to the actual amount charged to your card for the item or up to $10,000, whichever is less. There’s a maximum of up to $50,000 per account per calendar year.
- Fraud Protection Guarantee protects your identity against fraudulent use of your card. American Express will sort things out immediately if your identity has been stolen.
The signup bonus for the Business Green Rewards Card from American Express is very easy to get. You just need one purchase within the first year. Redeem your points in a variety of ways. This card is pretty cheap for small business owners to use, with the annual fee waived for the first year.
Enjoy free employee cards to distribute, plus get tools, like spend tracking and account management options, to make life easier. American Express has relatively good customer support, especially for Amex Business cardholders. The Business Green Rewards card is pretty basic. Give this card a try for your business. If not, check out our list of credit card bonuses and their reviews, here on HMB.
|Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card||80,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Ink Business CashSM Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card||$200 Cash||Review|
|Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card||30K Points||Review|
|Chase Freedom®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||3% Cash Back||Review|
|UnitedSM Explorer Business Card||50,000 Miles||Review|
|ABOC Platinum Rewards Mastercard®||$150 Cash||Review|
While American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
For rates and fees of the Business Green Rewards Card from American Express, please click here.