The Business Platinum Card® from American Express is for businesses and even independent contractors or self employed individuals (use your name as business ID and Social Security number as tax ID) who desire traveling indulgently yet efficiently.
There are outstanding luxuries and privileges that are well worth the $595 annual fee (see Rates & Fees), and those who sign on remain loyal members who can’t imagine traveling without it. It’s all about the details and the many premium bonuses, rewards, benefits, and features that’s built in the Business Platinum Card from American Express.
You may not know this, but if you ever sell something on eBay, Craigslist, or do any freelance work, your business is called sole proprietorship. Simply use your name as business ID and Social Security number as tax ID on your application to apply.
Table of Contents
Business Platinum Card from American Express Summary
With the The Business Platinum® Card from American Express:
• Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
• Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
• Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
• Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
• 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
• Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
• Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
• Terms Apply
• See Rates & Fees
Earn Membership Reward Points
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express offers up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points. Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
Each point has the potential to garner as much as 1 cent or more per point, therefore, 50,000 bonus points is worth about $500. Points can be redeemed for flights, travel, gift cards, statement credits, shopping and can also be transferred to airline and hotel partners mostly at a 1 to 1 ratio.
Generous Travel Perks
Receive up to $200 airline fee credit each year towards eligible incidental fees with the airline of your choice. Qualifying fees include checked baggage, in-flight meals and beverages, and flight change among others.
Enjoy Global Entry ($100) statement credit or a TSA PreCheck ($85) statement credit every 5 years. For U.S. travelers, TSA PreCheck lets you speed through security screenings. Similarly, international travelers can pass through U.S. Customs with Global Entry faster.
Worldwide airport lounge access is available in just about every major airport. It’s necessary for businesses to have a haven to work, hold meetings, or just to unwind.
- Priority Pass Select – Visit over 900 airport lounges worldwide with complimentary work space, WiFi, snacks, drinks, and cocktails. You must enroll to receive your Priority Pass Select card for access. For coworkers, clients, or customers to accompany you, there will be a $27 fee charged to your card.
- Centurion Lounge – The luxury Centurion Lounge is available at New York LaGuardia, Dallas/Fort Worth, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Miami, Seattle, and Houston airports with more international locations. Up to 2 companions can join you for free. Enjoy gourmet food and drinks, lush seating, wireless internet, and even showers and spa services like massages, facials, and manicures and pedicures at select locations.
- Other Lounges – Receive complimentary access to more airport lounges including Delta Sky Club, Airspace Lounges, and American Express International Lounges.
Receive unlimited complimentary Boingo WiFi access to over 1 million hotpots worldwide on up to 10 devices. You must enroll and create an American Express Preferred Plan account. In addition, get 10 Gogo Inflight WiFi passes every year. Stay connected to the office on the ground and in air.
There are no foreign transaction fees when making purchases outside the U.S. (See Rates & Fees).
Experience Luxury Hotel Benefits & Rewards
There are hosts of hotel benefits from notable hotels and resorts worldwide that will make every stay comfortable. Hotel partnerships also provide opportunities to earn rewards at renown hotel brands.
- Fine Hotels & Resorts – American Express collaborated with distinguished hotels worldwide as part of their Fine Hotels & Resorts Program. Use your Business Platinum card to book any of these hotels to enjoy amazing benefits where available like early noon check-in, room upgrade upon arrival, breakfast for two every morning, free wifi, and late 4pm checkout to name a few.
- The Hotel Collection – Book your hotel stay through American Express’s Hotel Collection and earn 5x Membership Rewards points for every $1. The lowest rate for your room is guaranteed. You can use your card and/or points to book your room. Stay 2 or more consecutive nights to receive $75 in hotel credit to spend on qualifying dining, spa, and resort activities within the property. Also receive room upgrades if available.
- Gold Status with Hotel Partners –Enjoy automatic Starwood Preferred Guest and Hilton Honors Elite Gold member statuses. Enjoy earning more reward points and extra hotel benefits. They include complimentary room upgrades and WiFi, late check out, and even free nights at Hilton properties.
Unbeatable Concierge & Customer Service
- Platinum Card Concierge – The Platinum Card Concierge can make special things happen. Representatives can help you plan ahead with the smallest of details or fulfill last minute requests. These include confirming a table at a restaurant that requires reservations made well in advance.
- Platinum Travel Service – For a charge card tailored around traveling, it’s only fitting that agents are available to help plan and book your trips as part as their services. You’ll receive suggestions and recommendations specifically for your trip.
- Premium Roadside Assistance – With Premium Roadside Assistance, you will always have help on the way. Receive 4 complimentary car services a year. Benefits include towing of up to 10 miles, winching, jump starts, flat tire change, lockout service, and delivery of up to 2 gallons of fuel.
- Premium Global Assist Hotline – Get help 24/7 where ever you need it with Premium Global Assist Hotline. Even if you’re in a country that doesn’t speak your language, you’ll have access to medical, legal, and financial help.
- Card Member Services – Also available 24/7 is Card Member Services to help with your Business Platinum Card from American Express. Representatives will be able to replace missing cards or can answer questions about your account.
Business Tools & Benefits
Exclusive American Express suite of business tools and benefits offer additional rewards and savings. They also include features that make bookkeeping and accounting more convenient and easy.
- OPEN Savings – OPEN Savings is a business benefit included in your card to receive 2 additional Membership Rewards points per dollar or 5% discount with participating partners FedEx, Hertz, HP.com, 1800flowers.com, and BN.com(Barnes & Noble).
- OPEN Forum – Get insight, advice, and the latest in business news and research with OPEN Forum. Get help from other business owners and experts with business topics. These include staff management tips, business growth, and marketing to name a few.
- Account Management Tools – These applications and tools make managing your account effortless. ReceiptMatch will organize your expenses by adding receipts, tags, and notes to your transactions from your devices. Automatically link to Quickbooks to streamline bookkeeping and accounting tasks. Apps are available for you to download. Conveniently check your balance, make payments, or even view your benefits at any moment. Receive automatic alerts to closely monitor your account to make payments on time, keep tabs on employee spending, and also be notified of suspicious activity.
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express is a business charge card with no pre-set spending limits which gives members purchasing power that adjusts as you the you use your card among other factors. Big purchases made with your card like office equipment, travel, or even a car, for example, will return substantial rewards.
Even more value is added with exclusive American Express business tools and benefits in addition to its stellar travel program that includes $200 annual airline credit, Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit, complimentary worldwide access to airport lounges and wifi hotspots, luxury hotel benefits, no foreign transaction fees (see Rates & Fees), concierge service at any moment, and so much more.
The Business Platinum card from American Express is brimming with privileges that it exudes professionalism and always aims to impress. Review our complete list of credit card bonus promotions.
|Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card||80,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Ink Business CashSM Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card||$200 Cash||Review|
|Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card||30K Points||Review|
|Chase Freedom®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||3% Cash Back||Review|
|UnitedSM Explorer Business Card||50,000 Miles||Review|
|ABOC Platinum Rewards Mastercard®||$150 Cash||Review|
For rates and fees of the Business Platinum Card from American Express, please click here.