When you open a bank account, you want it to offer features and benefits that suit your needs. There are dozens of banks, each offering their own unique standard of checking/savings accounts. However, none are like Comerica Bank.
If you’re in the market for a new bank account, be sure to consider opening one at Comerica Bank! They offer their own unique takes on checking and savings accounts. If you’re interested continue reading down below to learn more about what Comerica Bank has to offer.
Checking Account Options
Comerica Bank has four different checking accounts to meet the needs of different customers. Any of the accounts can be opened with just $50, but each have different balance requirements. Each can be accessed online 24/7 through online/mobile banking.
This is a basic checking account that doesn’t earn interest, considering you only put $50 in it. However, what you do have is access to a free Statement Savings account in conjunction with Access Checking. To waive the monthly service fee, you’ll need a minimum $1,000 average daily balance, one monthly direct deposit of at least $250, or meet one of the special requirements.
For customers who are college students, business owners, or military members can get their fees waived.
Unlike the basic checking account, this checking account does earn interest and also makes you eligible for a free Statement Savings account. This account comes with free online bill pay, access to higher CD rates, free checks, and free access to copies of the front of your canceled checks.
If you’re looking for a bank that will help you work towards your financial goals, Comerica offers customers with these accounts complimentary. You’ll need a minimum $5,000 average daily balance or a combined balance of $7,500 across all Comerica deposit accounts in order to waive the monthly service fee.
You’ll need a minimum $5,000 average daily balance or a combined balance of $7,500 across all Comerica deposit accounts in order to waive the monthly service fee.
With this account, you are eligible for a free Statement Savings account or Money Market Investment account. You may also be eligible for lower interest rates on a Comerica mortgage and/or lower closing costs as well as higher interest rates on CDs.
If you can maintain an average balance of $50,000 in your checking account, you may be eligible for this account. This account will give you all of the benefits of the above accounts plus higher interest rates on CD and money market accounts, free checks, and an additional checking account for a family member with no fees.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Comerica offers a variety of savings accounts. These range from standard savings accounts to accounts with high rates.
If you’re looking for a basic savings account, you will receive a Comerica debit card, the ability to set up automatic transfers from your checking account, and the ability to use direct deposit to increase your savings. A minimum balance of $500 is required to waive the monthly service fee.
If your insurance plan has high deductibles, you can opt for this savings accounts that will automatically transfer funds for when emergency funds are needed.
Withdraw the funds for any eligible medical expenses.
Compare Savings Accounts
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 3.75% APY as of 3/16/23 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
With the CIT Bank Savings Builders account:
• Earn a top tier, competitive APY on your money—one of the top savings rates in the nation. Earn up to 1.00% APY on your funds - grow your savings faster.
• Build a habit of savings. Pay yourself first. Start with $100 per month and build your habit of savings-—all while getting a top rate.
• FDIC Insured
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB223 by 06/15/2023
• Earn high interest rate of 3.60% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
• See advertiser website for full details
To get your $150 or $200 Bonus: What to do: Apply for your first Discover Online Savings Account, online, in the Discover App or by phone. Enter Offer Code HMB223 when applying. Deposit into your account a total of at least $15,000 to earn a $150 Bonus or deposit a total of at least $25,000 to earn a $200 Bonus. Deposit must be posted to account within 30 days of account open date. Maximum bonus eligibility is $200.
What to know: Offer not valid for existing or prior Discover savings customers or existing or prior customers with savings accounts that are co-branded, or affinity accounts provided by Discover. Eligibility is based on primary account owner. Account must be open when bonus is credited. Bonus will be credited to the account within 60 days of the account qualifying for the bonus. Bonus is interest and subject to reporting on Form 1099-INT. Offer ends 6/15/2023, 11:59 PM ET. Offer may be modified or withdrawn without notice.
• Earn up to 0.61% APY with interest compounded daily and no monthly fees with the Axos Bank High Yield Savings account
• No minimum balance requirements
• Free ATM card upon request
• $250 minimum opening deposit
• Free Incoming Wires
Money Market Account Options
Get your money into these accounts if you want to take advantage of the higher interest rates that come with Comerica’s high yield money market accounts.
If you want a savings account that allows check writing, this account may fit the bill. You can write up to six checks per month for free, as six is the maximum number of free withdrawals for any savings account at any bank.
Fees can be waived if an account average of $5,000 is maintained or a daily balance of $2,500 is maintained.
Earn some of their highest rates from this account. This account earned tiered rates, so the more money you put in it, the higher rates you’ll receive. A balance of $15,000 must be maintained to waive monthly service fees.
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Earn 0.25% APY with the Axos Bank High Yield Money Market
• FDIC Insured
• Check writing privileges
• No monthly maintenance fees
• No minimum balance requirements
• Debit card transactions
• Minimum Balance Required to Open the Account: $ 1000.00
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 3.55% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 3.50% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 1.55% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
You can lock in a fixed interest rate for a specific period with the Fixed Rate CD. You’ll earn tiered interest rates, meaning the more money you save, the higher the interest rate earned. You can choose from terms between 7 and 364 days.
This is a one-year CD that has tiered interest rates for higher balances. You can make additional deposits throughout the term in $100 increments. You are also able to make a one-time early withdrawal fee equal to 50% of the balance without a fee.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 2.00% APY up to 4.75% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn up to 5.00% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
With the CIT Bank No-Penalty 11-Month CD:
• Earn 4.80% APY on your funds with just a $1,000 minimum deposit.
• The perfect balance between a great fixed rate and flexible money access.
• Access funds, if needed. No penalty.
• No opening or maintenance fees
• Shorter 11-month timeframe and a great APY
• If you need your funds prior to the maturity date, you can withdraw your money — including any interest earned — beginning seven days after the funds have been received. No penalty. No problem. It's the security of a CD with the flexibility to access your funds early if you need them.
Reasons To Bank With Comerica Bank
- Set up recurring funds transfer between accounts. For example set up monthly funds transfers between your checking and savings accounts so that your savings stays consistent.
- Download your expenses into Excel or through Quicken Banking with Comerica. This makes organizing and understanding your expenditures a lot more simple.
- Set up bill reminders so that you never forget to pay for a bill ever again.
- Set up alerts for your accounts in case your funds ever start to run low. Avoid those overdraft fees.
- Open any account with just $50.
- Each deposit account you open is FDIC insured.
- Monthly Service fees can be waived in different ways for each account you have opened.
Reasons Not To Bank With Comerica Bank
- Comerica Bank has low coverage and can only be found in 5 states. While this may limit your options for in-person banking, almost everything you can do in-person can be done online nowadays.
- You have to visit a branch to open a Flexible Rate CD. If you wanted to take advantage of the 12-month CD that allows continual deposits, you have to open the account at a physical branch in one of the five states that Comerica operates.
- If you have an Access Checking account, it may cost you to use online bill pay. Typically, online bill pay is included with even the most basic checking account, but not at Comerica. It can cost you almost $100 per year just to be able to pay your bills online.
Comerica Bank Routing Number
The main routing number is 072000096. To find find this routing number, you can simply check the bottom left corner of your checks – check to see if this number differs.
Contact Customer Service
Reach Comerica Bank Customer Service at 1-800-266-3742.
In addition, you’re able to fill out an online Customer Service Request, but a response can to take between one and two business days.
How Comerica Compares
- Bank Of America: Being one of the top dogs, people like banking with BoA not because of their rates or features, but because of their coverage. You’ll likely find that Bank of America’s account offerings are minimal compared to other banks, such as Comerica.
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Ally Bank: Ally Bank is another online only bank that offers very similar account options as Discover Bank, but offers pretty high interest rates as well.
- TD Bank: TD Bank also offer bonuses for signing up for a checking account! They have various account options that suit all kinds of consumers as well.
- Capital One 360: Capital One 360, you can bank fee-free with online and mobile checking that actually pays you back. Whether you’re looking for one of their 40,000 fee-free ATMs or a Capital One location–chances are they are right nearby.
If you’re in need of both a checking and savings account, you can open both at Comerica and save money on service fees. They offer free savings/money market accounts with any checking account opened with them. Eliminate the worry of having to keep up with specific balances in each account.
If you want a bank with wide coverage and ease of in-person access, you may need to look elsewhere. Comerica is only based in 5 states, however they do give customers access to their accounts 24/7 thanks to their online/mobile banking.
If you’re interested in banking with Comerica Bank, see our list of the latest Comerica bank bonuses! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!
Leave a Reply