IberiaBank offers some great CD rates and waiveable service fees on their account. To find out if IberiaBank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
Located in the Southeast region, IberiaBank has about 200 full-service branches. They even offer intuitive digital service that will help you keep up with your finances.
Although this bank doesn’t offer the highest rates on savings accounts, you’ll be able to find several inexpensive products and accounts.
Checking Account Options
IberiaBank only has a couple of checking accounts; one is a standard checking account, and the other one collects interest, also having exclusive benefits.
This is the basic checking account that does not offer any interest payment.
It requires a $50 deposit to open and has a $8 monthly fee.
To waive this fee, you can either maintain a balance of $1000, set up direct deposits of $500, prove you’re a student, or have a small business checking account.
As the name suggests, this is the checking account that offers interest payments. This account comes with the benefits of:
- A safe deposit box for one year
- Official cashier checks
- 5 stop payments
It requires a $100 opening deposit, and has a $20 service fee.
To waive this fee you must maintain a $5000 balance, have $25,000 between all your accounts, or open a small business account.
To earn interest you must have at least $5000 in the account. The rate increases depending on how much money you maintain.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Iberia only has one savings account, and is probably the weakest part of this bank. It offers a low rate, and since there’s no variety for their savings account, it’s what their customers are stuck with.
This account has a low opening deposit of $50. There is a small monthly service fee that can be waived. The interest rate on this account is .05% for balances up to $9999. Past that it goes up at select ranges up to a cap of .55%.
Compare Savings Accounts
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 4.00% APY as of 5/31/23 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
With the CIT Bank Savings Builders account:
• Earn a top tier, competitive APY on your money—one of the top savings rates in the nation. Earn up to 1.00% APY on your funds - grow your savings faster.
• Build a habit of savings. Pay yourself first. Start with $100 per month and build your habit of savings-—all while getting a top rate.
• FDIC Insured
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB223 by 06/15/2023
• Earn high interest rate of 3.90% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
• See advertiser website for full details
To get your $150 or $200 Bonus: What to do: Apply for your first Discover Online Savings Account, online, in the Discover App or by phone. Enter Offer Code HMB223 when applying. Deposit into your account a total of at least $15,000 to earn a $150 Bonus or deposit a total of at least $25,000 to earn a $200 Bonus. Deposit must be posted to account within 30 days of account open date. Maximum bonus eligibility is $200.
What to know: Offer not valid for existing or prior Discover savings customers or existing or prior customers with savings accounts that are co-branded, or affinity accounts provided by Discover. Eligibility is based on primary account owner. Account must be open when bonus is credited. Bonus will be credited to the account within 60 days of the account qualifying for the bonus. Bonus is interest and subject to reporting on Form 1099-INT. Offer ends 6/15/2023, 11:59 PM ET. Offer may be modified or withdrawn without notice.
• Earn up to 0.61% APY with interest compounded daily and no monthly fees with the Axos Bank High Yield Savings account
• No minimum balance requirements
• Free ATM card upon request
• $250 minimum opening deposit
• Free Incoming Wires
CD Account Options
Unlike a lot of other banks, Iberia offers some of the best CD rates on the lower end of the time frame. This is great for people who need to save up over the next year or two, but the overall rates are not as high as some of the other banks.
This CD is IberiaBank’s standard CD, it has a minimum deposit of $1,000 and can range from 30 days to 60 months.
Unlike most promotional CDs, IberiaBank’s doesn’t require a new initial deposit.
The minimum deposit requirement of $1,000 is the same as the Standard CD. These last for 11 months to 23 months.
One unique aspect that IberiaBank does have when most banks don’t is the option of opening an online CD through VirtualBank.
The VirtualBank’s CD rates are much higher than the other 2 CDs. These last for 1 month to 60 months.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 2.00% APY up to 4.75% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn up to 5.00% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
With the CIT Bank No-Penalty 11-Month CD:
• Earn 4.90% APY on your funds with just a $1,000 minimum deposit.
• The perfect balance between a great fixed rate and flexible money access.
• Access funds, if needed. No penalty.
• No opening or maintenance fees
• Shorter 11-month timeframe and a great APY
• If you need your funds prior to the maturity date, you can withdraw your money — including any interest earned — beginning seven days after the funds have been received. No penalty. No problem. It's the security of a CD with the flexibility to access your funds early if you need them.
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard. IberiaBank has 2 money market accounts that earns decent interest rates.
The money market rates for IberiaBank are similar to that of the Standard Savings account, but you will need a minimum balance of $10,000 avoid the $20 monthly service fee..
With this money market account, you can earn interest on your whole balance even if it gets below $5,000.
The plus of this is that you are allowed 4 free withdrawals per month; however, if you want to make an additional one after the 4 free ones are up, you will be charged $3 each.
You will also need a minimum balance of $5,000 to avoid the $15 month service fee.
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Earn 0.25% APY with the Axos Bank High Yield Money Market
• FDIC Insured
• Check writing privileges
• No monthly maintenance fees
• No minimum balance requirements
• Debit card transactions
• Minimum Balance Required to Open the Account: $ 1000.00
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 3.85% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 3.80% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 1.55% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
Reasons To Bank with IberiaBank
- IberiaBank greatly benefits mobile users who prefer to their banking online since they have a VirtualBank app and website.
- You can locate their 200 select ATM branches with the VirtualBank app.
- VirtualBank app allows you to view your balance, deposit checks, pay bills, transfer funds and can be accessed through Touch ID.
- Their CD rates are considered higher than most banks that have limited account options.
- There are 213 Iberia bank branches throughout Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama, Texas, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, New York, and North Carolina.
- The High Interest Checking account is a good investment and earns competitive interest rates
Reasons Not To Bank with IberiaBank
- IberiaBank doesn’t offer the best savings account options since they only have one.
- They don’t have the best rates for most of their accounts.
- Their checking accounts are the strongest aspect, but the others pale in comparison to bigger banks.
IberiaBank Routing Number
IberiaBank’s routing number is 265270413. You can also find this number located on the lower left corner of your IberiaBank check.
Contact Customer Service
Reach IberiaBank Customer Service at 1 (800) 682-3231. Their hours vary from branch to branch, but they have 24 hour telephone banking. They have a separate phone number for different questions and concerns, so make sure you check them out on their website.
To find the branch closest to you, make sure you use their Locator so you can find out when you can get in touch with them.
How Iberia Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Huntington Bank: Huntington has various account options that offer no monthly service charge if you meet their can follow their guideline. All you have to do is have an “x” amount depending on your account type and your fee is waived. Additional features they have to offer includes overdraft protection, free mobile banking, online bill pay, access to over 800 branches and 1,800 ATMs, and much more.
- Wells Fargo: Wells Fargo offers nationwide service and offers convenient banking features/benefits such as free mobile banking, free online bill pay, free account alerts, overdraft protection, and much more.
- Banco Popular: They offer basic checking and savings accounts in the East coast. They had options for students in high school and college.
If you are looking for a super simple bank that doesn’t offer too many complex options and are more focused on checking rather than savings, then perhaps IberiaBank would suit your interest. This bank is also recommended for those who prefer to do their banking online.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If you’re interested in banking with IberiaBank, see our list of the latest Iberia Bank Bonuses! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!
Leave a Reply