Learn about Lake Michigan Credit Union Free Rewards Checking account here.
Available nationwide, Lake Michigan Credit Union is offering a staggering 3.00% APY with a maximum balance of $15,000 on a qualifying checking account.
Table of Contents
About Lake Michigan Credit Union Free Rewards Checking
Lake Michigan Credit Union is a Michigan-based, member-owned credit union that consistently ranks well among credit unions for dividends paid back to members. It offers depository and lending products on both its personal and business banking sides.
|Eligibility: LMCU is open to anyone through contributing $5 to the ALS Foundation. Membership is also open to the following: (1) those who reside, worship, or work in the Lower Peninsula in Michigan, (2) residents or worshipers in Charlotte, Collier, Desoto, Glades, Hardee, Hendry, Highlands, Hillsborough, Lee, Manatee, Monroe, Palm Beach, Polk, or Sarasota counties in Florida, or (4) family members of current credit union members
See current membership details
Continue on to learn more about the Lake Michigan Credit Union Rewards Checking Account below.
Lake Michigan Rewards Checking Rate
Residents nationwide can earn the industry-leading rate on balances up to $15,000. With no minimum deposit, you will be able to enjoy the rate to its full potential!
- What you’ll get: 3.00% APY up to $15,000
- Eligible Accounts: Max Checking Account
- Credit Inquiry: Hard Pull via Experian
- Where it’s available: Nationwide
- Opening Deposit: No minimum
- Credit Card Funding: Uknown
- Monthly fee: None
How To Earn Up to 3.00% APY Rate
- Direct deposit into your Max Checking account
- Minimum of 10 posted debit card or credit card purchases per month
- Minimum of 4 logins to home banking per month
- Sign up to receive eStatements/eNotices
|Balance Requirement||APY Rate|
- 3.00% APY on balances of up to $15,000
- No minimum balance required
- Totally free – no monthly fees
- Free LMCU ATM usage
- Up to $10/month reimbursement for non-LMCU ATM use
- Free online banking
- Free Bill Pay, with direct deposit commitment
Alternative Rewards Accounts To Consider
Earn up to 1.25% APY with the Axos Bank Rewards Checking account while enjoying a suite of digital tools for smarter money management. This is banking, redefined.
• Zero monthly maintenance fees
• Zero overdraft or NSF fees
• Zero minimum monthly balance reqs
• Unlimited domestic ATM fee reimbursements
• Online debit card management
• Simple, 3-step process for direct deposit
• Only $50 to open an account
All in all, the current tiered rates from Lake Michigan Credit Union is fantastic if you are able to meet the requirements. Although the maximum balance deposit is $15,000, the high rates are worth taking a second look at. However, do note that the account will trigger a hard pull!
Lastly, let us know about your experience with this bank and comment below.
For more bank offers, see the complete list of Best Rewards Checking!
Check back often to see the latest info on Lake Michigan Credit Union’s Free Rewards Checking Account.