Old Second Bank is offering residents of Illinois a $150 bonus when you open a Checking Account and meet the requirements listed below.
To get started, you must open a checking account with a debit card and online banking. Once you have completed that, you must set up to receive direct deposit. With the personal checking account, you can enjoy features such as mobile banking, online banking, and so much more!
Once all the requirements are met, you will have access to a range of features to better your banking experience. If you are interested, be sure to check out this promotion as well as other banks such as HSBC Bank, Chase Bank, Huntington Bank, Discover Bank, TD Bank, BBVA Compass Bank or CIT Bank.
Credit goes to Lindsay for letting us know about this bank promotion. If you’d like to participate in our Rewards Program, simply contact us when you find a new bank promotion and get paid up to $15!
|HSBC Premier checking account: Get up to $600 when you open a Premier checking account. You'll enjoy 3% Cash Bonus, up to $600, on Qualifying Direct Deposits up to $100 per month, during the first 6 calendar months after account opening. Member FDIC Terms|
|HSBC Premier checking account: Earn $450 bonus for eligible new customers who open a new HSBC Premier checking account and complete the following qualifying activities. Make recurring monthly Direct Deposits totaling at least $5,000. Member FDIC Terms|
|Huntington 25 Checking: Earn $300 bonus when you open a Huntington 25 Checking account and make cumulative new money deposits of at least $25,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $300 bonus will be deposited into your Huntington 25 Checking account after all requirements are met. Apply Now---Huntington 25 Checking Review|
Table of Contents
Old Second Bank $150 Bonus Info
- Direct Link to Offer
- Old Second Bank Promotion PDF Printout
- Account Type: Checking Account
- Availability: IL (Bank Locator)
- Expiration Date: None listed
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown, Let us know
- Opening Deposit: $50-$5,000
- Credit Card Funding: None
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes
- Monthly Fee: Varies by account
- Additional Requirements: See below
- Household Limit: Limit 1 per household
- Closing Account Fee: $25, if closed within 90 days of account opening
What Triggers Direct Deposit? Alternative Methods
Many bank bonuses require you to make real direct deposit from your job to receive the sign up bonus. However, switching to your real paycheck can be frustrating and time consuming. You can find alternative methods below which many readers have reported to trigger direct deposit to receive the sign up bonus.
Simply set up ACH transfers from these institutions to trigger direct deposit. Again, Your Mileage May Vary(YMMV). Please help us with your experience if you find a different method or to confirm a current method for direct deposit in the comments section below.
- Capital One
How To Earn Old Second Bank $150 Bonus
- Open a new Old Second Bank checking account.
- Complete the minimum opening deposit.
- Enroll for a debit card and online banking for 30 days.
- Set up to receive recurring direct deposits within 90 days.
- Keep the account open and in good standing.
How to Avoid Monthly Fees
- Money Connection Checking: $3.95, can be waived with online statements
- College Checking: $3.95, can be waived with online statements
- Premier Plus Checking: $17 monthly fee unless average balance is $5,000+ or $20,000+ total balance in combined deposit accounts.
- Convenience Plus Checking: $3.95, can be waived with online statements
- Prime Time Club Checking: $3.95, can be waived with online statements
Make sure you check out Old Second Bank to learn more about the $150 bonus promotion. Don’t forget, the $150 bonus will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
Feel free comment below and let us know about how it went and if you could fund your account with credit card or not. We value your feedback and will continue to keep you posted on the latest bank offers nationwide. If you would like to see more, check out our full list of Bank Promotions for all your banking needs.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $240||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account||$100 Cash||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up to $3,500 Cash||Review|
|BlockFi||Up To $250 BTC||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.50% APY||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account||$360 Cash||Review|