The SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card from American Express offers 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months. After that, your APR will be a variable rate of 14.49% – 21.49% (See Rates & Fees).
The increased spending limits of $50,000 in the 5% and 3% cash back reward categories with an extra option to choose from in the customizable 3% category is ideal for operating a business. It appeals to businesses with more expenses where more cash back rewards can be earned. Experience fantastic exclusive American Express benefits and no annual fee.
Editor’s Note: You may not know this, but if you ever sell something on eBay, Craigslist, or do any freelance work, your business is called sole proprietorship. Simply use your name as business ID and Social Security number as tax ID on your application to apply.
Table of Contents
SimplyCash Plus Business Credit Card from American Express Summary
With the SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card from American Express:
• Special offer: save on interest with a 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months; after that your APR will be a variable rate, currently 14.49% - 21.49%
• No annual fee
• Reinvest in your business with automatic cash back in the form of a monthly statement credit. Plus take control by choosing the 3% category that best fits your business
• Earn 5% cash back on the first $50,000 spent at wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and U.S. office supply stores.
• Earn 3% cash back on the first $50,000 spent in the category of your choice from a list of eight and 1% cash back on other purchases
• With Expanded Buying Power you can spend beyond your credit limit* to make bigger purchases for your business plus earn cash back on those purchases too
• *The amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to us, and other factors
• Terms apply
• See Rates & Fees
Why You Should Apply
Special 0% APR Introductory Offer: Save on interest with a 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months; after that your APR will be a variable rate of 14.49% – 21.49%.
Earn 5% Cash Back: Earn 5% cash back up to $50,000 in purchases each year(1% after) at U.S. office supply stores and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers.
Earn 3% Cash Back of Your Choice: Earn 3% cash back up to $50,000 in purchases each year(1% after) on the category of your choice from the following list of 8 select options:
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- Hotel rooms purchased directly from hotels
- Car rentals purchased from select car rental companies
- U.S. gas stations
- U.S. restaurants
- U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- NEW – U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers
Earn 1% Cash Back: Earn 1% on all other eligible purchases.
No Annual Fee: Get all the cash back rewards and everything this card has to offer with no annual fee.
Amex SimplyCash Plus Business Benefits
- OPEN Savings: Enjoy this business benefit to receive 5% discount with participating partners like FedEx, Hertz, HP, 1-800-Flowers, and Barnes & Noble. Take advantage of this benefit to save as much as 8% when combined with the Amex SimplyCash Plus Business and choosing shipping as your 3% cash back rewards category. Restrictions apply with each partner.
- OPEN Forum: Get support, insight, advice and the latest in business news and research.
- More Business Benefits: ReceiptMatch also allows you to quickly and easily manage your expenses. Experience built-in features that will add receipts, tags and notes to each transaction. Add employee cards at no extra cost with the ability to set spending limits on each and still earn cash back with each purchase.
- Purchase Benefits: Purchases made with your card will get purchase protection and extended warranty.
- Amex Offers: Enjoy special discount offers with retailers and businesses by spending a set amount for statement credit or points back.
- Travel Benefits: Get travel accident insurance, car rental loss and damage insurance, baggage insurance, and roadside assistance. There is a foreign transaction fee with this card, so use another card when making purchases outside the U.S.
The SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card from American Express has plenty of great benefits for a business owner. It also offers extra bonus category options and bigger spending limits which means more potential for cash back rewards.
The welcome offer helps you make big purchases and pay it off gradually without incurring extra interest. If you’re a frequent spender at office supply stores or wireless carriers, you won’t find a better rewards rate than the 5% cash back with any other business credit card. In addition, the Amex SimplyCash Plus Business Card gives you a choice over how you earn your rewards with it’s 3% cash back category.
With no annual fees, you can be certain that you’re both earning and saving thanks to these intro perks. Plus, your business’s cash flow will thank you. No matter what you spend on, if you do it with this card, you’re earning money back for your business.
However, I wouldn’t recommend this card for companies who do a lot of your business spending abroad and want to dodge foreign transaction fees. Consider checking out our full list of Credit Card Bonuses.
|Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card||80,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Ink Business CashSM Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card||$200 Cash||Review|
|Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card||30K Points||Review|
|Chase Freedom®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||3% Cash Back||Review|
|UnitedSM Explorer Business Card||50,000 Miles||Review|
|ABOC Platinum Rewards Mastercard®||$150 Cash||Review|
While American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
For rates and fees of the Business Platinum Card from American Express, please click here.