Introducing the new Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card from Chase – this card comes with all of the terrific benefits as the award-winning Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card with a greater cardholder anniversary bonus and additional features!
Upon approval, new cardmembers can earn 40,000 points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. In addition, for each cardmember anniversary, you can score an additional 7,500 points EACH YEAR! Plus earn 20,000 points after you spend $12,000 within your first year.
In addition to no foreign transaction fees, you’ll can also enjoy a nice $75 Southwest travel credit each year, four upgraded boardings per year, and 20% back on in-flight drinks, WiFi, messaging, and movies. Cardholders earn 2X points per $1 spent on Southwest purchases and Rapid Rewards hotel and car rental partner purchases, and more! If you’re a frequent flyer with Southwest Airlines, see what more this card has to offer below!
“Our customers are always our top priority, and we’re making it even easier for them to travel and get rewarded,” stated Leslie Gillin (Chase Co-Brand Cards President).
“Our Southwest cardmembers told us they wanted faster boarding and in-flight benefits, so we added brand new features to make them a priority both in the air, and on the ground.”
Table of Contents
Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card Summary
Earning & Redeeming Points
The Southwest Priority card earns 2 points per $1 spent on Southwest purchases. This also includes Rapid Rewards hotel and car rental partner purchases. Cardholders earn 1 point per $1 on everything else. Your points don’t expire as long as your account is open.
Redeem your Southwest points for flights, hotel stays, or car rentals. You can also redeem them for merchandise and gift cards.
I recommend maximizing your points value by redeeming your points for flights. Southwest points can only be redeemed for Southwest flights. Southwest award prices are based on the cash price of the ticket. There are no blackout dates as along as the ticket is available and no restrictions. Thus, you don’t have to worry about coordinating your travel dates around the holidays. However, award pricing isn’t defined. Southwest points are generally worth 1.5 cents each, but can go up to 1.75 cents each or higher.
Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card Benefits
- All points earned with either card count towards Companion Pass. This benefit lets a friend of yours fly with you free of airline charges for a year.
- Get an annual travel credit. Credit cards that offer annual travel credits often cover only incidental fees. The Southwest Priority card gives you $75 annual credit that you can use toward Southwest airfare and other things.
- 7,500 bonus points after your Cardmember anniversary. This is worth about $75.
- Earn tier qualifying points towards A-list Status. Get additional benefits, such as priority boarding and bonus points.
- In-flight benefits. If you frequently purchase Wi-Fi, drinks or other qualifying in-flight services, you’ll earn 20% back in the form of statement credit when you use the card to pay for these purchases. You’ll also receive statement credit when you purchase up to four upgraded boardings per year based on availability. This can go from a $30 to $50 value.
Why Fly Southwest?
The mission of Southwest Airlines is dedication to the highest quality of customer service delivered with a sense of warmth, friendliness, individual pride, and company spirit.
- Customer appreciation day is every day. Southwest Airline’s customers mean everything to them. Southwest likes to think of themselves as a Customer Service company that happens to fly airplanes. From booking your trip to the moment you deplane, it’s their mission to make your travel experience a great one.
- From sea to shining sea (and the tropics). With an extensive network, Southwest serves more than 100 destinations throughout the United States, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Combined, they operate more than 3,800 flights a day including more than 500 round-trip markets.
- Low fares. No hidden fees. That’s Transfarency. They do things differently at Southwest. So much so that they had to invent a word to describe it, Transfarency! It means that they’re all about being open and honest with their customers and making sure pesky fees stay away from their low fares.
- Bag fees? Not on their plane. When you fly with Southwest, your first and second checked bags fly free (yep, that includes skis and golf bags).
- No. Change. Fees. Yesss. In today’s fast-paced world, things can change in a moment’s notice. They continue to offer maximum flexibility if you need to modify your travel plans, by not charging change fees. If you need to change an upcoming flight itinerary, you’ll only pay the cost in fare difference and will never incur a separate change fee. Fees don’t fly with Southwest!
- With Rapid Rewards, your points will take you places. Prepare to earn reward flights faster and easier than ever before. With unlimited reward seats, no blackout dates, and points that don’t expire, you’ll be planning your next getaway in no time!
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card was definitely engineered with the customer in mind. Not only does Southwest’s mission include their dedication to the highest quality of customer service, but partnering with Chase whom keeps their customers a top priority resulted in a card that Southwest loyal members can definitely enjoy. There is an annual fee of $149, BUT these jam packed benefits far outweigh this fee. Considering you’ll already be receiving an additional 7,500 bonus points per cardmember anniversary, a $75 Southwest travel credit each year, and many prominent features and benefits, the annual fee is subtle compared to the benefits. As a Southwest loyal member, I can certainly appreciate what Southwest and Chase has brought about in rewarding their customers.
Learn more about this card here.
|Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card||80,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Ink Business CashSM Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card||$200 Cash||Review|
|Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card||30K Points||Review|
|Chase Freedom®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||3% Cash Back||Review|
|UnitedSM Explorer Business Card||50,000 Miles||Review|
|ABOC Platinum Rewards Mastercard®||$150 Cash||Review|
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.