Hustlermoneyblog has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Hustlermoneyblog and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express offers 10,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend $1,000 within the first 3 months of opening your account.
You’ll earn 2 Membership Rewards points for every dollar spent at U.S. supermarkets, up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1x); and 1x points on other purchases.
Make 20 more purchases with your Card in a billing period and earn 20% more points on those purchases less returns and credits. The card has smart-chip technology and the ability to track your purchases on the Amex Mobile app. Plus, there is no annual fee!
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card60K Points after $4,000 spend within 3 months.||Citi Premier® Card 60K Points after $4,000 spend within 3 months
|The Platinum Card® from American Express 80K Points after $6,000 spend within 6 months||Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card 75K Points after $4,000 spend within 3 months|
|American Express® Gold Card 60K Points after $4,000 spend within 6 months||Citi CustomSM Cash Card $200 Bonus after $750 spend within 3 months|
|Chase Freedom FlexSM $200 Bonus after $500 spend within 3 months||Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card earn an additional 1.5% cash back on everything you buy (on up to $20K spent in the first year) - worth up to $300 cash back!|
|Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express $250 Welcome Offer after $3,000 spend within 6 months||Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $200 Welcome Offer after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.|
|Ink Business Preferred® Card 100K Points after $15,000 spend within first 3 months||Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card $750 Bonus after $6,000 spend within 3 months|
|U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card $200 Bonus after $1,000 spend within 90 days||Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card $200 Bonus after $500 spend within 3 months|
Amex EveryDay Credit Card Summary
Why You Should Apply
- Earn 10,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points: Spend $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of card membership to earn the 10,000 Membership Rewards Bonus points.
- Earn 20% More Points: Earn 2x points at U.S. supermarkets, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1x); 1x points on other purchases. Use your card at least 20 times within a billing cycle to earn 20% more points.
- No Annual Fee: Keep all the rewards you earn in full.
Welcome Bonus & 20% Extra Monthly
The Amex EveryDay Credit Card offers on-going rewards and bonuses that makes it a crowd-pleaser. With the potential to earn as much as 2.4 points on purchases made at supermarkets and 1.2 points elsewhere, it’s a substantial rewards rate for a card that has no annual fee.
- Welcome Offer: Earn 10,000 Membership Rewards points after making $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of card membership.
- Up to 2x Points: Earn 2 points per every $1 you spend at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1 point after. Earn 1 points on all other purchases. If you use your card to book travel through AmexTravel.com, you will earn 2 points and frequent flyer miles with airlines booked. Additionally, American Express has partnered with Uber to earn you 2 points when you use your card for Uber car services.
- 20% Extra Points: Earn 20% extra points on your purchases. Just use your card 20 or more times in a billing period. Meeting the 20 transactions each month should be fairly easy. You can track your spending and number of transactions by downloading and using the Amex App. If you’re struggling to meet the minimum transactions, try completing a single transaction with your card for each item you buy at self check-out.
Flexible Reward Redemption
The Amex EveryDay Credit Card earns you points towards the Membership Rewards Program. This program is fairly sought-after for its flexibility. There are various options for redemption. However, the value of your points will fluctuate with each option.
- Transfer to Partners – MR points can be transferred to Amex’s airline partners and hotel partners, generally at a 1 to 1 ratio. They can then be used for airfare and seat upgrades or hotel night stays. Each point is worth at least 1 cent per point and as much as 2 cents per point. Transferring your MR points will give you the most value. However, it may take some planning and research to maximize that value.
- Travel – Use your points to book flights through AmexTravel.com. Each points is worth 1 cent each. Thus, it’s a great way to redeem your points. Hotel stays can also be booked with points through AmexTravel.com. However, they will have less value per point, below 1 cent per point.
- Gift Cards – Redeem your points for dining, entertainment, and retail gift cards. Those are generally valued at 1 cent per point or more. However, steer clear from travel gift cards and American Express gift cards. Values for those are well below 1 cent per point.
- Charity – Donate your points towards a good cause of your choice. If you’re a nonprofit registered with MembersGive, you’ll receive $10 every time you donate 1,000 points, up to 500,000 points in a calendar year.
- Uber – Redeem points for Uber rides with Amex’s partnership. Get them at a value of 1 cent per point. For instance, a $50 Uber ride will cost 5,000 MR points.
- More Options – More point redemption options include statement credits, merchandise, and even for Amazon purchases. However, values for these options are below 1 cent per point.
Other Amex EveryDay Benefits
The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express includes outstanding benefits beyond its excellent rewards program. As a new member and every year that you have your card, it will save you money and give you added protection as you travel and shop.
- No Annual Fee – When a card does not charge an annual fee, all rewards and benefits can be free if you pay your monthly balances in full. It’s an unbelievable deal specifically because of the welcome bonus and the additional 20% monthly bonus offer.
- Travel Benefits – Get extra coverage when traveling with car rental loss and damage insurance and travel accident insurance. Help is also available when you need it with Global Assist Hotline and roadside assistance.
- Purchase Benefits – Purchases made with your card will receive extended warranty, purchase protection, and return protection. Additionally, the Amex Everyday card includes programs like Amex Offers and complimentary Shoprunner with free 2-day shipping that will help you save as you shop.
Typically reserved for customers willing to pay an annual fee, the Amex EveryDay Card gives you exclusive Membership Rewards Program access to attract smaller spenders. Some benefits with Amex’s Membership Rewards program include:
- Booking travel directly through American Express using their Pay with Points tool
- Transferring points to popular frequent flyer/hotel loyalty programs
- Purchasing gift cards
- Purchasing merchandise
- Shopping on Amazon using Shop with Points
Anyone that makes frequent purchases should apply for this card. You can earn extra points for making 20 or more transactions per month!
This is considered a high rewards rate due to the points redemption through the Membership Rewards program especially for transferring your points to a frequent flyer program.
Best of all, the Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express gives you the opportunity to start collecting points without paying an annual fee. See our full list of American Express Credit Card Bonuses!