Find all the latest Great Western Bank promotions, bonuses, and offers here.
Currently, you can earn a $50, $100, $150 Checking, Referral Bonuses with a new Checking and Savings Account.
About Great Western Bank Promotions
Great Western Bank, whose holding company is Great Western Bancorp, Inc., is a regional bank based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States.
There are over 170 locations in Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota. But even if you are not located near a branch, you can see all nationwide bank bonuses for more suitable offers.
- Availability: AZ, CO, IA, KS, MN, MO, ND, NE, SD (Bank Locator)
- Credit Inquiry: Unknown, Let us know
- ChexSystems: Unknown, Let us know
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown, Let us know
Like many bank, joining Great Western Bank requires you to open a savings account or checking account. However, while you may earn interest on these accounts, you may want to check out our full list of Bank Rates and CD Rates.
Keep reading to find out more about Great Western Bank promotions.
Great Western Bank $50 Referral Bonus
Great Western Bank is offering members a chance to earn a $50 bonus for referring a friend who opens a checking account and meets the requirements.
- What you’ll get: $50 bonus
- Account Type: Checking account
- Availability: AZ, CO, IA, KS, MN, MO, ND, NE, SD
(No Expiration date listed)
|You can compare this to several great entry level Checking accounts with offers include the BMO Harris Smart Money ($300 bonus), Bank of America ($100 bonus offer), U.S. Bank Smartly® Checking (Up to $400 bonus), Chase Total Checking® ($200 bonus), Fifth Third Bank Momentum® Checking ($225 bonus), SoFi Checking and Savings ($275 bonus), and Citi Priority Account (Up to $2000 Cash Bonus).|
How To Earn Bonus
- Share with friends via Email, Facebook, Messenger, Twitter, or via SMS when using a mobile device.
- Your friend opens a new personal checking account by clicking through your link.
- You will get a $50 Visa® Prepaid Card once your friend makes the qualifying transactions2 for their new account!
- Your friend will get either a $50, $100 or $150 Visa® Prepaid Card depending on the account they open.
- You may earn a $50 digital Visa® Prepaid Card for each referral made that meets all program eligibility and program qualification requirements. You may earn up to $500 in digital Visa Prepaid Cards per calendar year. Please allow up to 7 days, after completion of all requirements of this offer for delivery of your digital Visa® Prepaid Card.
- Referred person must open a new Great Western Bank personal checking account within 90 days of receiving a Great Western Bank Refer A Friend invitation and meet the program requirements by 1) having 10 debit card purchases (online or in person) posted to the new account by the 60th day after account opening and 2) enrolling in online statements OR completing at least one ACH direct deposit transaction (minimum value of $250) into the new account within 60 days of account opening. Transfers from one account to another, or deposits made at a banking location or ATM, do not qualify as direct deposits. Account must be open and in good standing on the 60th day after account opening to be eligible. After completing the program requirements, new Smart Start Banking accountholders will receive a $50 Visa® Prepaid Card, new Essential Checking accountholders will receive a $100 Visa® Prepaid Card and new Relationship Checking accountholders will receive a $150 Visa® Prepaid Card.
How To Waive Monthly Fees
- Smart Start Banking: $4.50 monthly fee, waivable for primary account owners age 24 and younger
- Essential Checking: $7.00 monthly fee, waivable when you meet one of these qualifications: You’re age 60+, You have deposits totaling $250.00 per statement cycle, or You hold an average monthly balance of $1,000.00
- Relationship Checking: $15 monthly fee, waivable when you meet one of these qualifications:You maintain an average checking balance of $5,000.00 per statement cycle or You maintain average combined deposit balances of $25,000.00 per statement cycle
- Primary Business: $10 monthly fee applies to Treasury Management Customers.
- Premier Business: None
- Preferred Business: $10 monthly fee applies to Treasury Management Customers.
- Cash Management Plus: $30 monthly fee
- Community: None
Feel free to comment below and let us know about how it went. We value your feedback and will continue to keep you posted on the latest bank offers from Great Western Bank.
*Finally, check back at this page for updated Great Western Bank promotions, bonuses, and offers.