Are you looking to find a wide range of diamonds at a good price? If so, Blue Nile is the online diamond retailer to shop for all your diamond purchasing features, details, and service! Blue Nile provides many services to provide a better experience for their customers because they are highly customer oriented! Blue Nile’s goal is to make diamond shopping a smooth experience. It educates customers about diamonds so that they can shop from the comfort of their home. This was rare back in the day. Because of this, Blue Nile has repeatedly have won the prestigious Bizrate Circle of Excellence Platinum Award.
Frustrated with bad in-person shopping experiences, founder Mark Vadon turned to the web and purchased an engagement ring from internetdiamonds.com. A year later in 1999, Vadon had raised the funds necessary to purchase the small company. The name was changed to Blue Nile a revolutionary diamond store was born. Vadon parted ways with Blue Nile in 2013, but the company has shown no signs of slowing down. Blue Nile has since expanded into non-engagement jewelry by offering pearls, gemstones, and precious metal jewelry.
At Blue Nile, their jewelry is designed and crafted with high-caliber, quality materials and inspected with exceptionally high standard.
• Highest Diamond Quality Standard & Authenticity Certified
• Get More For Less & Always Have The Best
• Best Price: Find a comparable GIA graded diamond for less and they’ll match the price. Pay 20% up to 40% less than traditional jewelers
Blue Nile Credentials
- Competitive Pricing: Blue Nile offers very competitive pricing by having a Price Match Guarantee.
- Large Selection: Blue Nile has a great selection of other fine jewelry with diamonds, gemstones, and pearls. You can even design your own
of other fine jewelry with diamonds, gemstones, and pearls.
Blue Nile 360° View
With Blue Nile’s 360° Diamond View get a view of the diamond that’s even better than holding it in your hand. Most diamonds have tiny imperfections called inclusions. Blue Nile’s 360° viewer magnifies your diamond, so you may see them. However, keep in mind that the vast majority of those inclusions are not visible to the naked eye.
Many other sites use just a stock photo. They only offer a description of the 4Cs (cut, clarity, color, and carat) and the price. Blue Nile includes great quality images of their diamonds to help you decide on the right one for you.
Blue Nile Build Your Own Ring
Blue Nile offers tons of customization options to create your perfect ring. Their Build Your Own Ring® feature allows you to choose from thousands of their diamonds while allowing you to style it to your liking!
Blue Nile also provides guidance if you do not know where to start! You will start by choosing your budget, then the diamond & ring details such as weight, style, etc.
Blue Nile Ring Size Guide
According to Blue Nile’s Ring Size Guide, your ring should fit your finger comfortably; snug enough so that it will not fall off, but loose enough to slide over your knuckle.
Finger size changes depending on the time of day and the weather. For best results measure your finger size:
- At the end of the day and when your fingers are warm (Fingers are smaller in the early morning and when cold.)
- Measure finger size 3 to 4 times to eliminate an erroneous reading.
Avoid using string or paper to measure ring size as these materials can stretch or twist, yielding an inaccurate measurement.
Blue Nile Diamond Price Match Guarantee
Blue Nile’s Diamond Price Match Guarantee is a free service and only takes a few minutes to get started. In most cases, Blue Nile expects to have the lowest price, but can typically match the price if the competitor’s price is lower.
Blue Nile Diamond & Jewelry Consultants do not work on commission, so there’s no pressure, no sales pitch. They want to provide you with the best possible diamond at the best price. To ensure accuracy, the Diamond Price Match Guarantee program requires that diamonds are graded by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA).
Blue Nile Diamond Upgrade Program
Simply call a Diamond & Jewelry Consultant at 1-888-565-7641 to learn more about Blue Nile’s Diamond Upgrade Program. Blue Nile Upgrade Guidelines:
- All GIA or AGSL graded diamonds purchased from Blue Nile are eligible.
- You will receive credit equal to 100% of the original price toward the purchase of a new diamond.
- The price of your new diamond must be at least twice the price of your original diamond.
- Your diamond must be in its original condition with the original diamond grading report.
- Any damage to the original diamond will disqualify the diamond from our upgrade program.
- The credit value will be based solely on the value of the diamond.
- If your setting fits your new diamond and is in reusable condition, we will set your new diamond in your original setting.
- If your original setting cannot be reused, you have the option of keeping the setting or accepting a credit as determined by Blue Nile.
- Any diamond not originally set by Blue Nile must be returned without the setting.
Diamond Grading Reports:
- The original diamond grading report must be returned in reusable condition. Fees may apply for any damaged reports.
The Blue Nile Diamond Upgrade Program is available for purchases shipped to the US. Upgrades for other countries may be eligible on a case-by-case basis. Upgrade purchase must be made in original currency. Colored diamonds are ineligible for this program.
Blue Nile Product Warranty
If you believe your item has a manufacturing defect, you may return it to Blue Nile for inspection. They will repair the merchandise or replace the item if your merchandise was damaged due to a manufacturing defect. If the item is no longer available, Blue Nile may, in its discretion, replace with like-kind or allow a refund equal to the selling price of the original item or component.
Complimentary Cleaning and Inspection Services on Diamond Rings
It is recommended to have your diamond ring cleaned and inspected every six (6) months or if it undergoes any potential trauma. Inspections may help prevent the loss of a stone and extend the life of your jewelry. This cleaning and inspection service is free of charge to Blue Nile customers on their Blue Nile diamond rings. The customer only pays for shipping, and Blue Nile pays for return shipping. Repairs to your ring mounting can also be done at this time at cost.
Conditions and Exclusions
The foregoing Blue Nile Manufacturer Warranty & Complimentary Services are available only to the person who purchased the covered product from Blue Nile. Some examples of common jewelry issues that would not be considered manufacturing defects include:
- Discoloration due to exposure to chemicals, make-up, swimming pools, hot tubs or bathing.
- Prongs and precious metals, in general, wear over time and may require “building up” or restoration work as normal wear.
- Bent, caught or worn out prongs(s) allowing a stone to fall out or be lost due to normal wear or other damage.
- Lost stone or a stone has fallen out due to chipping or breaking caused by normal wear or other damage.
Blue Nile Jewelry Insurance
Blue Nile’s Jewelry Insurance has arranged for Jewelers Mutual Insurance Group, to help with bring their customers valuable information about helping to protect their purchases. Insuring your new purchase from Blue Nile can be quick and easy, and gives you the freedom to wear your jewelry without worry, knowing it’s protected.
Blue Nile Engraving Services
Blue Nile’s Engraving Services selects the most optimal precious metals and sizes for ring engraving. Ring design and diamond position affect placement of the engraving.
Blue Nile Education & Guidance
When finding a right diamond to purchase, it may be hard if there is little to no knowledge that is offered. Luckily, Blue Nile’s Education & Guidance will be able to answer all of your questions about; loose diamonds, engagement rings, natural gemstones, wedding rings, fine jewelry, and much more.
Blue Nile Appraisal
An appraisal is a document stating the approximate retail replacement value of an item. With a Blue Nile Appraisal, they calculate appraisals by using current market data, which reflects typical retail prices. The appraisal includes the cut, color, clarity, and either carat weight for diamonds or millimeter dimensions for gemstones, and the craftsmanship of the item.
Your appraisal ensures that in the case of loss, theft, or damage your insurance company will give you an equal replacement of your item. The more information contained in the appraisal, the better chance you have of receiving the exact replacement for that item. Your insurance agency can rely on this appraisal to calculate a coverage rate for your diamond or piece of fine jewelry. The following items come with an appraisal:
- Diamond engagement rings
- All Build Your Own Diamond Jewelry®
- Diamond, gemstone, and pearl jewelry $1,000 and over
Blue Nile Financing
The Blue Nile Credit Card offers great financing options, giving you the flexibility to pay over time. Benefits of the card include convenient payment options, no annual fee and special access to card-member-only offers and promotions. Cardmembers enjoy:
- Exclusive financing offers giving you the flexibility to pay over time
- Special access to cardmember-only offers and promotions
- No annual fee
If you would like more information about the Blue Nile credit card, refer to our Blue Nile Credit Card Review for all the details to help you decide if this would help you finance your purchase.
Blue Nile Customer Service
Blue Nile’s Customer Service representatives are available 24/7. All reps have specialized training and are there to help around the clock. They will help you review the specs and compare diamonds. Blue Nile’s non-commissioned experts offer diamond jewelry guidance, possess a passion for customer service, and answer calls in 10 seconds or less!
|Where Is The Best Place To Buy An Engagement Ring?||Diamond Retailer|
|Best Place To Buy Online||James Allen|
|Biggest Selection||Blue Nile|
|Best Diamond Cuts||Whiteflash|
In the market for diamonds or other accessories? Blue Nile is a good place to start your online diamond shopping. There is no pressure to buy, you can learn a lot about diamonds and gems, compare prices to other online retailers, and do various types of searches to get the price and item(s) you want.
I would recommend Blue Nile if you are on a budget and want a lot of options. Because of their large selection of rings, you’re sure to find something that matches what you want at the budget you have or plan to set. The main problem with online retailers is that your options are limited because their selections aren’t as large, but Blue Nile has over 100,000 diamonds to select from!
Good luck with your diamond purchasing and be sure to come back to HustlerMoneyBlog for all of your financial needs!
The Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card offers an additional 1.5% cash back on everything you buy (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year) - worth up to $300 cash back!
Enjoy 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 17.99% - 26.74%.
Enjoy 6.5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more; 4.5% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service, and 3% on all other purchases (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year).
In addition, you can earn (after your first year or $20,000 spent):
• 5% cash back on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service,
• Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.