Find new HSBC Premier Checking bonuses, promotions, and offers here.
Available online only, HSBC is offering up to $700 with a 2% Cash Back Checking Offer when you open a new HSBC Premier checking account and complete the following qualifying activities.
The benefits of becoming an HSBC Premier client is having access to financial resources, ATMs worldwide, and products with some of HSBC’s best rates and features.
Table of Contents
HSBC Premier Checking $750 Cash Bonus
Available online (nationwide), HSBC offers a staggering $700 cash back bonus with Premier Checking account. Simply open a new checking account and meet certain requirements to earn your bonus!
- Account Type: Premier Checking
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull, which does not affect your credit
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes
- Monthly Service Fee: See below on how to waive the monthly fee
One of the largest bank bonuses from anywhere. HSBC Premier Checking is now much easier to keep the account fee free than it has been in the past. This makes the $700 bonus now worth considering. If not, check HSBC Advance Checking offer for easier requirements.
How To Earn The $700 Cash Back Bonus
- Get up to $700 with a 2% Cash Back Checking Offer when you open a new HSBC Premier checking account and complete the following qualifying activities.
- Open your new HSBC Premier checking account by March 1, 2020; and
- Set up Qualifying Direct Deposits into your new HSBC Premier checking account; and then
- Enjoy 2% Cash Back, on Qualifying Direct Deposits into your new HSBC Premier checking account, up to $60 per month, during the first 12 calendar months after account opening – up to $700
- You will automatically receive the 2% Cash Back in your new HSBC Premier checking account approximately eight weeks after completing that month’s qualifying activities.
- You must be 18 years of age and have a Social Security Number
- Current U.S. residential address and a U.S. residential address for the past three years
- Valid U.S. ID (driver’s license, non-driver identification card, learner permit), passport or Permanent Residential Card/Green Card
- Account information for funding your new account
HSBC Premier Checking:
The $50 monthly maintenance fee is waived if minimum balance requirements are met:
- To qualify for an HSBC Premier relationship, you need to open an HSBC Premier checking account and maintain balances of $75,000 in combined U.S. Dollar personal deposit accounts and investment balances OR
- Recurring direct deposits totaling at least $5,000 from a third party to an HSBC Premier checking account(s) per calendar month OR
- Any HSBC U.S. residential mortgage loan with an original loan amount of at least $500,000.
Business owners may use their qualifying HSBC U.S. Dollar commercial balances to qualify for a personal Premier relationship. A monthly maintenance fee of $50 will be incurred if one of these requirements is not maintained.
- Offer Terms and Conditions: HSBC Premier 2% Cash Back Offer Terms and Conditions: This offer is available only online for applications completed using the Apply now button on the offer webpage.
- You must be at least 18 years of age, have a Social Security Number, currently have a U.S. residential address and have had U.S. residency for the past two years to apply for a deposit account online.
- You will automatically receive the 2% cash back in your new HSBC Premier checking account approximately eight weeks after completing that month’s qualifying activities. Qualifying Direct Deposits are electronic deposits of regular periodic payments (such as salary, pension, Government Benefits or other monthly income) made into your HSBC Premier checking account from third parties at least once per calendar month.
- Customers who held an HSBC consumer deposit or investment account from January 6, 2017 through and including January 6, 2020 are not eligible for this offer.
- All qualifying activities must be completed within the stated time frames in order to be eligible for the 2% Cash Back. Eligible customers who take advantage of this offer cannot receive any other New Consumer Deposit Offers provided by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. New Consumer Deposit Offers are defined as incentives in a form of merchandise and/or cash bonus that are offered to customers who open an eligible checking account and satisfy qualifying activities.
- HSBC reserves the right to change or terminate this offer at its sole discretion. Limit one 2% Promotional Offer or New Consumer Deposit Offer per customer, including all individual and joint accounts — the first line name on the joint account is considered the customer for gift purposes. The 2% cash back to your HSBC Premier checking account may be reported on the applicable IRS form.
- To be eligible for the offer, your HSBC Premier checking account must be open without being changed to a product with lower balance requirements, in good standing at the time of fulfillment.
HSBC Premier Checking Features
- Overdraft protection is optional
- Access to a Relationship Manager for professional support
- You’ll have access to HSBC ATMs worldwide and most will have no withdrawal fees
- You’ll receive international services (fees may apply)
- Receive priority service and emergency financial support at HSBC branches across the street or around the globe
- You’ll get an HSBC Premier Debit Mastercard® card
- Pay no foreign transaction fees on your purchases with the HSBC Premier Debit World Mastercard® card
- Personal Internet Banking and Mobile Banking plus Global View and Global Transfers
- Access your eligible worldwide HSBC deposit accounts online and transfer funds between them
HSBC Premier Checking Pros & Cons
- This interest-bearing checking account comes with 0.01% APY on any balance of $5 or more in your account.
- Spend freely abroad using your debit card without paying foreign transaction fees.
- Enjoy surcharge-free HSBC ATM access across the US and around the world.
- Deposit funds in person or at an ATM, or use HSBC’s free mobile banking app.
- Get access to HSBC’s top-tier Premier customer support team, available 24/7 by phone, email and live chat.
- If you hold another HSBC Premier or Advance account in a country outside the US, you can transfer funds between your HSBC accounts for free.
- To qualify for the HSBC Premier Checking account, you must either maintain a combined balance of $75,000 across your personal and investment accounts, direct deposit $5,000 or more each month or get a $500,000+ HSBC mortgage loan.
- If you don’t meet one of the qualification requirements, there is a monthly $50 maintenance fee applies.
- If you close your HSBC Premier Checking account within 180 days of opening it, you will be charged a $25 account closure fee.
Alternative Checking Account Option
Make sure you check out HSBC to learn more about the Premier Checking bonus promotion. Let us know your experience with bank or bonus by commenting below. We value your feedback and will continue to keep you posted on the latest bank offers nationwide.
If you are interested in other deals HSBC has to offer, check out our updated list of HSBC Promotions. We will be constantly updating it as new promotions come about. If this offer does not sound like something you are interested in, check out out full list of Bank Promotions.
Disclaimer: Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC. The information, including rates and fees, presented in the review is accurate as of the date of the review. Please refer to issuer website and application for the most current information. We may be paid for the content on this site.