This post is for the true hustlers….. or read this if you want to be amused.
This 42″ Panasonic Plasma HDTV at Best Buy is running for $1149. Here’s the “creative way” of getting this for $543 or lower. YMMV. Follow these steps playa:
- At this combination page, check Yes/New on everything except for Home Audio.
- Print out the $500 Savings page, then head to your local Best Buy.
- There are four things you must buy:
- Panasonic 42″ Plasma HDTV for $1149
- Direct HD TV Receiver for $99 **Must sign up for Direct HDTV**
- X-box HD-DVD player for $179
- Sign up Pansasonic Installation for $200
1) The total price will be $1627 – $500 instant coupon combination = $1127 new price.
2) Now pull out this Best Buy 10% off coupon at the counter to take $112 off.
3) New total $1127 – $112 = $1015 at checkout.
4) Don’t forget to use your Reward Zone Member to get 2% back ($20)
5) New total $1015 – $32 = $983
Now come the Hustling part:
- Call Direct TV and Cancel your installation. (There is absolutely no early termination fee). This must be done within 30 days prior to installation.
- Return your HD Receiver back to Best Buy. If they don’t take it back, then Ebay it for $90.
- Submit this Panasonic rebate up to $200.
- Return the X-Box HD DVD player to Best Buy. If they don’t take it back, Ebay it for $150.
Final Price: $983 – $90 Receiver – $200 installation rebate – $150 X-Box HD player = $543 Total
**If you do decide to keep the HD DVD player, get 5 Free HD DVD movies.
Looking for a great student credit card? check out this list:
- Discover Student Open Road 5% cash back on Gas and auto maintenance
- Citi Student mtvU 5% back on Restaurants and more
- Chase Student Flexible Rewards 1% Cash back on Everything
- Chase + 1 Student MasterCard 15 Bonus Karma Points
- Discover Student Card 5% cash back on bonus categories, 1% back on everything else.
- Citi Platinum Student 0% APR on purchases and balance transfer for six months.