As an Amazon Prime member, you’ll have tons of great benefits, such as free 2-day shipping, up to 15% off items with subscribe & save, and earn up to $5 credit for select purchases with No Rush Shipping. But did you know you have access to Amazon Prime Pantry – the grocery and household item service from Amazon? With Amazon Prime Pantry, you can save money on a selection of nonperishable foods and household items. Even better, Amazon has recently acquired Whole Foods, so you can now shop for a wider variety of organic products online. Read on to learn more about Prime Pantry and its benefits!
Editor’s Note: If you’re not a current member of Amazon Prime, you can sign up today for a FREE 30-day trial! Being an Amazon Prime Member comes with many benefits. You’ll get access to FREE 2-day shipping, instant access to video streaming, unlimited music streaming to over a million songs, exclusive deals, and much more!
Table of Contents
How Amazon Prime Pantry Works:
Current Amazon Prime members must pay $4.99 per month to subscribe unless you’re already a member of Amazon Fresh. Members in select regions will receive free shipping on Prime Pantry orders totaling of $40 or more, or they can opt to pay a flat $7.99 fee for every order if they choose not to subscribe or if an order is under $40. The number of items or the number of boxes does not affect the flat fee.
Items marked with a “Prime Pantry” label can only be bought through Prime Pantry. Unfortunately, you can’t purchase these items like you would for regular Amazon items. Instead of adding your products to your shopping cart and checking out whenever you want, you must create a separate Prime Pantry order to purchase these labeled items. Depending on the order size, you’ll receive a Prime Pantry box that can hold up to 45 lbs. If you’re worried about spillage, items are carefully packaged for you using dividers. These items ship together, but may arrive separately from other Amazon Prime items you’ve ordered. Your items will be a ground shipment and should arrive within one to four business days. In addition, Amazon will keep track of what you’ve ordered before, so you can easily reorder a box of your usual items to make things simpler.
Save More With Amazon Prime Pantry:
Even with the subscription and flat rate shipping fees, Prime Pantry also has savings opportunities that you can use to maximize your savings:
- Save $6 if you add five “qualifying” items to your Pantry order. These items change, so be sure to check back for more. If you use any of the qualifying items and they’re about the price of what you’d spend on them anyway, it’s worth picking them up to save some extra money.
- Get a Pantry credit when choosing no-rush shipping on other Amazon orders. If you’re a current Prime member and you don’t need your regular Amazon order in a rush, selecting slower shipping can get you money off your next Prime Pantry order.
- Stack coupons. Check the “Offers & Deals” tab and the weekly “Coupons” and “Clearance Items” to see what you can save on. In addition, sometimes you’ll find a green “Coupon” button on your desired product’s page. As a no-brainer, you should click that to save too.
- Check out current Prime Pantry Promotions to get updated on savings opportunities like $5 off your $20+ purchase and more!
Amazon Prime Pantry offers a good selection of food and household items, including organic items. For Amazon Prime members, it requires a $4.99 monthly subscription fee with free shipping for orders of $40 or more or a flat $7.99 shipping fee. However, if you’re in a hurry, these items won’t arrive as fast as regular Amazon Prime items. Although the service is called “Prime Pantry,” all boxes are shipped ground and should arrive within one to four business days. If you’re an existing Amazon Prime member and you purchase a good amount of about the same groceries each week, Prime Pantry could simplify your shopping. Learn more about Amazon Prime and check out our featured Discount Restaurant Gift Cards to save even more money on most of your food needs!
The Chase Freedom Unlimited Card offers a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
In addition, you can earn:
• Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target or Walmart purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
• Earn 5% on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards, 3% on dining and drugstores, and 1.5% on all other purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.