Now is crunch time to file your taxes. Luckily, there are plenty of deals around that offer bonuses and discounts for filing your taxes a certain way and right before the fast approaching deadline! Some of these deals include free money, miles, gift cards, or rebates. To help you take advantage of all of these deals, I’ve put together the HustlerMoneyBlog list of the best tax deals and bonuses available.
Table of Contents
Free Filing for Low Income
For those of you with an annual income below $66,000, the IRS provides free filing software. There are many popular options for free filing services such as H&R, TurboTax, and many more. You can also find useful forms for filing taxes using the link above.
Pay Taxes with a Credit Card
If you need help meeting a minimum spend requirement for a credit card bonus, there are a few ways to pay your taxes with a credit card. Although this isn’t technically a deal, it’s useful for many of us. But you want to keep in mind that they all charge a fee. To use a site like Pay1040.com, you will need to pay a fee of 1.87%, which is the lowest cost option around. This site accepts Visa/MC/Amex/Discover.
Cashback Shopping Portals
You might be surprised to find out that you can go through cashback shopping portals to file your taxes online. Cashback sites like Mr. Rebates, eBates, and TopCashBack can give you rebates of up to 50%.
Free TurboTax Bonus
If you go through the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards shopping portal and use TurboTax to file your taxes, you can earn 1,000 free Rapid Rewards Points. Keep in mind that you can even use the free TurboTax edition to earn the 1,000 mile bonus.
Terms and Conditions:
- The 1,000 bonus Rapid Rewards® Points can only be earned by filing an online federal tax return.
- Filing must be made between Tuesday, January 3, 2018 and Tuesday, April 18, 2018 after clicking through this offer on Rapid Rewards Shopping to be eligible (the “Bonus Period”).
- TurboTax Online Federal Products qualifying for 1,000 bonus Rapid Rewards Points are the 2017 online version of TurboTax Federal Free Edition, TurboTax Deluxe, TurboTax Premier, and TurboTax Self-Employed
- This bonus Rapid Rewards Points offer may not be combined with any other product or offer, limit one (1) bonus redemption per Rapid Rewards account number.
- Eligible only after a tax year 2017 completed federal tax return is filed during the Bonus Period.
- Federal tax filings made using TurboTax CDs, downloaded products, or in-app purchases are not eligible for the bonus offer.
- Please allow up to eight weeks from the date of your qualified federal tax filing for your Rapid Rewards account to be credited with 1,000 bonus Rapid Rewards® points.
AMEX Statement Credit from H&R Block
Our readers who are AMEX customers can log in to their account and see an offer for a $10 statement credit after spending $30 or more at hrblock.com. Just make sure you meet the spending requirement by 4/30/2018.
Jackson Hewitt $50 Rebate
There are two different Jackson Hewitt offers and both offer a $50 rebate.
- You can get $50 Off Tax Preparation Fees of $150+ with promo code: Q9N7Q
- You can get $20 Walmart Gift Card when you spend more than $56 on preparation costs with promo code: walmart20
- Receive a $100 Walmart Restricted Certificate to be used toward a purchase of qualifying Samsung TVs, Soundbars and Home Theater Systems, Blu-ray players, Tablets, and/or Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone products totaling $500 or more pre-tax (total value of $100).
Fidelity Discounts On TurboTax
Fidelity customers are offered the exact same discounts on TurboTax products as the State Farm customers. Instead of paying $80 for the Home & Business TurboTax Edition, you will only have to pay $60 using the Fidelity link. The Deluxe Edition has a $10 discount, bringing the price down to $25.
The Chase Freedom FlexSM offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target® or Walmart® purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate.
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.