If you have a plan with Sprint already, check out Sprint add a line latest offer. You will get $25 credit bonus toward your next bill, free Samsung A640 or Sanyo 3100, and free shipping + activation.
However, by adding a line, you will be billed $9.99 a month extra with the additional phone. You can get this $9.99 off each month and more by doing dropped calls. Believe me, my five phones family plan did this last month, and the bill came to be $28.71. I Sh*t you not…follow these steps for dropped call credits:
From Wiki’s How to:
Do you have Sprint PCS? Do dropped calls annoy you? Get credited for them!
- Using your Sprint PCS phone, call the customer service number listed in the contacts section of your manual. (Note that this process is dealt with an automated voice-activated system, not with a live person). If you do not have a Customer Service number in the contacts section, try dialing *2 then hitting the ‘send’, ‘call’, or ‘talk’ button.
- Listen and follow any instructions (i.e. enter PCS #, etc.) the system requires during beginning of call.
- Upon system asking “How may I help you?”, say “dropped call”. The system should confirm this by saying “Okay dropped call”.
- From here, the system should credit your account for one minute at the highest local airtime rate.
- So, you are probably thinking, “ONE MINUTE-is this person nuts?” Well not when you have patience and continue to say “dropped call” after each prompt of “how may I help you”.
- What happens is that you are credited 50 cents (normally) for every min.
- The system will vary on how many times it will do this before redirecting to Live Person.
- Do this a few days before monthly cycle change date and watch how the new bill has $5.00 to $15.00 credit on it.
- To reach a live person when you call Sprint, press 00 and then say “agent.”
- Average credit was $11.00.
Of course, I only talk to the Automatic computer CSR…anytime they want to send you to a live person, I just hang up.