I just bought the HP tx1000z 12.1″ Touchscreen Laptop Turion X2 1.9 Ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD for less than $700. I made a few upgrades such as 2GB RAM and 802.11b/g WLAN with Bluetooth. They also have free 160GB HDD upgrade.
Here’s what I did:
- I went through Ebates to get 3% Cash Back
- Search HP in the search box, and click through their link.
- At HP site, search for HP Pavilion tx1000z
- Standard Price is $949. You can customize it however you like.
- Customize it and add to cart.
- You have few options to pay. I choose to pay with Paypal to get $50 cash back with their current holidays promotion.
- You will be taken back to the HP page. Before finalizing, I enter code NB3075 to get 30% off the entire order.
- The total was $800 + $50 tax + free shipping = $850
- Total now is $850 – $50 cash back from Paypal – $35 from 4.25% cash back from Ebates and Chase Freedom = $765
- You know me…I can’t do this deal without a little hustling. Once I got the confirmation number, I called them up…telling them…”umm..I think I’m gonna cancel this order”…. “It’s a little too expensive and I saw another laptop at Circuit City that is $100 Cheaper.” I was instantly transfer to the manager and was offer a $75 credit if I choose to continue with the order.
- Grand total: $765 – $75 = $690
Here are the Specs:
* Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)
* AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-58 (1.9 GHz, 512KB+512KB L2 Cache )
* 12.1″ WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display(1280 x 800) with Integrated Touch-screen
* 75% off 2GB DDR2 System Memory
* NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150
* HP Imprint Finish + Microphone
* 802.11b/g WLAN with Bluetooth
* 160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
* SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
* 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery