Starting March 20th, Amazon will increase the cost of Amazon Prime from $79 to $99. Also, Amazon Prime student rate will go up from $39 to $49. Those who are existing members, you rate will go into effect on April 17th. With Amazon Prime, you get to share Amazon Prime between 5 relatives even at different addresses.
Amazon Prime Members Benefits:
- FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items
- No minimum order size
- Unlimited instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows with Prime Instant Video
- Read free books each month through Kindle First and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library
I personally use Amazon Prime and find it very useful. If you been thinking about joining, you may want to lock in the $39 student/$79 rate for your first year by starting a Free Prime Trial, or Free Prime Trial for Amazon Mom, or Free Prime Trial for Amazon Student.
Those who are already an Amazon Prime member like myself and would like to lock in the $79 annual fee for next year, here is what you do:
- Set your membership to not auto-renew. Click here and select “End Membership.”
- Choose to end your membership later.
- Buy a Prime Gift Subscription.
- Since it’s still only $79, make sure to have it delivered to yourself the day after your current Amazon Prime subscription expires.
Leave a Reply