Find the latest OhmConnect promotions, deals, discount codes, and savings here! See more referral promotions here.
If you’ve never heard of OhmConnect, then you’re in luck because they are here to save you money! OhmConnect is a free service that rewards you for saving energy during times where others would use it the most.
If you’re a California resident with PG&E, SCE or SDG&E service, or a Texas resident with Smart Meter Texas, you’re eligible to participate in OhmConnect.
Table of Contents
Current OhmConnect Promotions
Free Welcome Offer
Valid for a limited time, OhmConnect is offering new customers a $20 bonus. All you have to do is use a referral link and sign up for an account. Then, connect your utility account to qualify for this promotion!
- Promotion: $20 bonus
- Expiration Date: Limited time offer
- Availability: New Customers Only
- How To Earn It: Simply enter your zip code and email address, create a password, then click “Get Started For Free!”
Note: We do not have a referral link, but you are welcome to share your referral link in the comment section below.
(Click on the button to sign up for an account)
$20 Referral Bonuses (CA & TX)
If you’re loving this free service, then share it with your friends and family! Currently, if you refer people you know using your unique referral link, you can earn a $20 bonus for every person who creates an OhmConnect account. Keep in mind they must also link their utility account.
- Promotion: $20 Referral Bonuses (CA & TX)
- Expiration Date: Limited time offer
- Availability: New Customers Only. California and Texas residents only.
- How To Earn It: Copying and sending it via a personalized text message or email. Sharing it on Facebook Messenger. Posting it on Facebook, Facebook groups, Twitter or Craigslist.
How OhmConnect Works
OhmConnect helps you reduce electrical waste, save money and earn money all at once. How do they do it? Let’s go over that in the sections below.
Smart Meter Texas and California energy companies are willing to pay consumers to reduce their energy during peak energy times. However, these energy companies won’t offer a contract to every single household to buy back energy. That is where OhmConnect comes in, acting as the middleman.
OhmConnect’s algorithms monitor energy use minute by minute. When energy use reaches peak loads – and where less efficient power plants are in use – OhmConnect takes action. That includes:
- Alerting you during peak energy times, anywhere from five minutes to one day in advance. When you get the notice, intentionally reduce your energy consumption for approximately one hour. Like shutting off your lights, TV, dryer, dishwasher and more.
- Selling your reduced energy consumption back to the grid. The energy companies will then pay OhmConnect for the reduction.
- Passing 80% of the profit back to you in the form of points. Redeem your points for cash via PayPal or OhmConnect gift cards.
Earning OhmConnect Points
All you have to do to earn OhmConnect points is to reduce your energy use from your baseline average. Your baseline is unique to you and is calculated by average your energy consumption on 10 weekdays or 4 weekend days prior to the peak load period.
If you reduce your energy consumption below your baseline average, you earn points. Energy reductions more than 20% below baseline will get you double points. Energy reductions over 40% your baseline get you quadruple points. Each OhmConnect point is worth $0.01.
You can also earn bonus OhmConnect points by:
- Connecting your smart home devices to OhmConnect: 300 to 500 points per device
- Consistently reducing your energy during peak hours (for at least 3 peak periods in a row): 25%+ points
- Moving up in status: Up to 5,000 points
Redeeming OhmConnect Points
Once you’ve earned 1,000 points – or $10 – you can cash out via PayPal. Another option is to buy $20 gift cards from the OhmConnect store which stocks a variety of home thermostats, smart plugs and other energy-reducing products.
If you live in Texas or California, this is a great deal to hop on because it can help you earn some money back on your utility bills.
These OhmConnect promotions will help you become more energy conscious, while both saving and making you money.