Priceline is offering one of the most unique features I have ever seen. They have a feature called “Name Your Own Price” which essentially allows you to bid on a hotel room. All you do is simply specify your travel dates, location (bidding zone), and your desired hotel rating. After that, you name your price and see if your bid is accepted or not. If it is, then your credit card will charged and you have a finalized hotel reservation! The mysterious part about this is that only then after do you find out the name of your hotel.
Priceline Name Your Own Price Summary:
- Sign Up Now
- Availability: Nationwide
- Expiration Date: None
- Maximum Savings: Save up to 60%
- Additional Advice: Reservations are almost never refundable so don’t book a hotel unless you are certain you will make it.
Priceline Bidding Tricks and Tips:
- You can bid any price you want. However, if your offer is rejected, you must either wait 24 hours, use a different credit card, or change your dates/destination.
- Do some research before you book a hotel! See what prices the retails are offering, then bid something lower.
- Priceline will attemp to hide the hotel name and lowest acceptable price until your bid is accepted You can get around this and by using a gift card with insufficient funds to pay for the hotel you’re bidding on.
- Priceline will then let you know that they tried to perform a transaction with your card but could not. This means your offer would have been accepted.
- Learning the lowest price will give you valuable information when planning your vacation. This will let you evaluate all your options before committing to a non-refundable booking.
If you are an avid traveller or simply looking to save money, then check out Priceline’s “Name Your Own Price” feature. You will be able to bid hotel rooms and potentially save a ton of money. Keep in mind that this can consume a lot of time and it will take some time to get used to the system. But if this is your thing then give it a shot! If not, then see our entire list of ways to Save Money Online!
The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card offers 100k bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
You'll earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year; 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn. Furthermore, points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee but does not have any foreign transaction fees.