Find the latest Kin Home Insurance promotions, discount deals, and coupons here.
If you’re looking for affordable home insurance, you may want to take a look at Kin.com. Kin offers financial stability when it comes to everyday claims as well as catastrophes. Keep reading to learn more about what they have to offer!
About Kin.com Home Insurance
Founded in 2016 by seasoned financial technology entrepreneurs, Kin is a fully-licensed home insurance technology company that provides affordable coverage to homeowners in catastrophe-prone regions like Florida and California.
Kin Home Insurance Features
In order to give you a quote for your homeowners insurance quote, Kin relies heavily on data. Once they have entered your address, Kin pulls property records, real-estate listings and even satellite images to determine your rates.
The process of generating a quote takes a matter of minutes. Rather than spending 1+ hours filling out forms online talking to an agent over the phone, Kin saves you time with their quoting process. If you do need assistance from an agent, you can contact one via the website’s chat function.
Kin offers all standard home insurance coverages, including coverage for your dwelling, other structures, personal property, personal liability, loss of use and medical payments. Differing from most insurers, Kin provides insurance based on replacement cost, rather than the actual cash value. This takes out depreciation from your claim payout, meaning that you’ll get the full amount required to replace what you lost in the event of covered property damage.
Kin also provides:
- Scheduled property coverage for valuables like jewelry and antiques that comes with their own sub-limits.
- Identity fraud protection which will cover accrued expenses, such as legal costs, and includes assistance from an identity theft specialist who provides guidance while you restore your identity.
- Flood insurance as an endorsement in Florida. There’s no 30-day waiting period, and it covers your property up to your specific coverage limits.
- Wind & hail coverage is part of the standard homeowners policy. You get to choose between the typical amounts – 1% to 10% of your dwelling coverage – or a flat rate, depending on state regulations.
Other lines of insurance include condo, mobile home, landlord, umbrella and second-home insurance.
Kin Home Insurance Rates & Discounts
Kin Insurance offers some of the cheapest home insurance quotes on the market. Here’s a comparison of Kin’s rates to other big insurers like Allstate and Amica:
Standard deductibles are $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 and $10,000+. Increasing your deductible will lower your annual premium, but you’ll be responsible for more upfront costs when you file a claim.
Kin will automatically search for applicable discounts when you sign up for one of their insurance policies online, including:
- Electronic policy
- Home community
- New homeowner
- Mature homeowner
- Pay in full
- Wind mitigation
- Fire mitigation
- Accredited builder
- Responsible repair
- LEED-certified home
Here are some special discounts offered by Kin partners:
FLO installs a device in your main water line to detect irregularities in your water consumption. The system can shut off your water supply in the event of an emergency, like a burst water pipe. Kin policyholders get this system for free ($499 in value). If you choose to install FLO, you’ll be eligible for a $50 annual discount on your homeowners insurance policy.
LiveWatch is a home security system that will also monitor your home for fire and carbon monoxide. Kin policyholders get this system for free ($99 in value). By opting to get LiveWatch, you’ll become eligible for approximately $100 in savings per year on your homeowners insurance policy.
MyStrongHome offers Kin policyholders financing for a new roof or better opening protection. While this is technically not a discount, it is a great chance to get more affordable home insurance quotes by improving you home.
Kin Home Insurance Limitations
Before you decide to move forward with Kin, it is important to note the following:
- Kin only offers homeowners coverage. Meaning that you won’t be able to bundle your home and car insurance using Kin. As a result your premium will be lower for both policies.
- As previously mentioned, Kin has limited availability: Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois and Texas.
Current Kin Home Insurance Promotions
100 Trees Planted Per Referral
Differing from a typical referral program, Kin invests money into bettering the planet. For every person you refer who gets a Kin home insurance policy, they’ll plant 100 trees in your state, in partnership with One Tree Planted.
Not only do you get to share Kin’s affordable service with others, you are able to help nurture the planet and do something good for the community! The trees planted are native species, so they have the best chance of survival.
- Offer expiration: Limited time offer
- Promotion: 100 Trees Planted Per Referral
- Availability: Existing customers
- How to earn it:
- Kin gives you a referral link.
- You share your link with your friends.
- One of your friend gets a Kin home insurance policy.
- Kin plants 100 trees in your state.
(Click here to head to the Kin Home Insurance website)
If you live in an eligible state, consider Kin for a convenient and affordable home insurance option. On top of offering low cost services, Kin also has plenty of discounts. to have you save money.