Navy Federal Credit Union is a Virginia-based federal credit union serving millions of members who are, or are related to, service members and employees with the Department of Defense. The Navy FCU is known for their great credit card bonuses, CD rates, mortgage rates and more. Though membership is usually limited, readers have found a loophole by joining the Navy League in San Diego Council, just pay a small membership fee, fill out an application and you’ll be able to use the Navy FCU.
*The method is no longer available.
Navy FCU Membership:
The Navy Federal Credit Union is known for their great mortgage rates which is why some people are eager to be eligible to join. Such as fixed-rate loans of 15 or 30 years with up to 100% financing and no mortgage insurance premiums. Other benefits of the Navy FCU include a large range of mortgage products with affordability in mind for its members and how its minimum loan amounts are $10,000 for purchases and $19,000 for refinances, which is lower than many lenders in the industry.
How To Qualify for Navy FCU:
- Join the Navy League, San Diego Council. Membership will cost $25 for their E-Membership, make sure to enter “San Diego” in the “preferred council” box.
- Gather proof of your San Diego council Navy League membership. Readers say you can use your welcome email as proof of your membership
- Complete the Navy Fed Paper Application instead of the online application.
- Email or fax the filled-out paper application and the documentation proving your eligibility through the San Diego Navy League. Use the fax number fax number 1-703-206-4600 or the email address MembershipDocs@navyfederal.org.
If you’re in need of fixed-rate loans or more then be sure to check out all the benefits of the Navy Federal Credit Union. If you’re not a member of the Department of Defense and want to use their great rates, simply do so by joining the Navy League in San Diego Council. Just pay your membership fee and be on your way with adjustable loan rates and more with the Navy FCU. Check out more ways to Save Money!
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms apply.
• 4X Membership Rewards Points at Restaurants, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S.,
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
• 3X Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
$120 Dining Credit: Satisfy your cravings and earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the American Express Gold Card at Grubhub, The Cheesecake Factory, Goldbelly, Wine.com, Milk Bar and select Shake Shack locations. Enrollment required.
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).