The American Express® Gold Card is offering 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms apply.
Table of Contents
American Express Gold Card Summary
|Bonus Available||Earn 60,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 within 6 months. Terms apply.|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||4X Membership Rewards Points at Restaurants, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S.,
4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
3X Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
$120 Dining Credit: Satisfy your cravings and earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the American Express Gold Card at Grubhub, The Cheesecake Factory, Goldbelly, Wine.com, Milk Bar and select Shake Shack locations. Enrollment required.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||No (see rates & fees)|
|Annual Fee||$250 (see rates & fees)|
American Express Gold Card Welcome Offer
Take advantage of the 60,000 Membership Rewards Points from the American Express Gold Card. To qualify for this offer, you must spend at least $4,000 on eligible purchases with your card within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
Redeeming Your Points
The Amex Gold Card gives you the ability to transfer your earned Membership Rewards points to their many travel partners. This allows you to possibly earn higher class flights with various airlines and routes.
The best part about transferring your points to a partner is that it will generally earn you more value for your points. You have the chance to get up to 2 cents per point with this method. For example, 50,000 Membership Rewards points can have an average value of $1,000.
Also, you have the ability to redeem your points towards statement credits, Amazon purchases, gift cards and more.
- Purchase Protection. If you bought something within 90 days with your card that got lost, stolen, or accidentally damaged, American Express will pay to repair or replace it. This benefit is available for up to $1,000 per claim and $50,000 per year.
- Extended Warranty. You typically get 1 or 2 years of warranty for buying appliances or electronics from the manufacturer. Use your Premier Rewards Gold Card and get an additional year of extended warranty for the items you purchased. This benefit is available for items that have 5 years or less of warranty.
- Return Protection. Stores can simply refuse to take your returns without a receipt or find an excuse to do so. However, buy it with your Gold Rewards Card and American Express may refund the full purchase price within 90 days of purchase. This benefit is available for up to $300 per eligible item and up to $1,000 annually.
- Terms apply.
- Hotel Collection Benefits. Book at least two consecutive nights with your card at Amex Hotel Collection site. Then, get up to $75 hotel credit such as dining, spa purchases, and resort activities. Terms and limitations apply.
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance. Pay with your Gold Rewards Card and get secondary collision coverage on eligible car rentals when you pay with your Gold Card. Plus you also get the 24/7 roadside assistance.
- Luggage Insurance and Travel Accident Insurance. Get luggage insurance up to $1,250 for carry-ons and $500 for checked luggage if they get lost, stolen, or damaged (on common carrier tickets). Then, get up to $100,000 in travel accident insurance at no additional cost for all eligible common carrier travel. Both benefits are available to you as long as you paid with your Gold Rewards Card.
- Global Assist Hotline and Fast Card Replacement. American Express offers emergency assistance 24/7 for access to emergency cash, help with your passport, get a lost card replaced quickly, referrals to medical providers, and much more.
- Terms apply.
Other benefits include Roadside Assistance for up to 4X a year. It includes complimentary 24/7 towing up to 10 miles, jump starts, fuel delivery up to 2 gallons, and lock-out service anywhere in the U.S. and Canada. Get extra perks and upgrades to special events and exclusive tickets to in-demand concerts. You can also use the Membership Rewards program to transfer points to select airlines and hotels programs at a 1-to-1 basis. Some popular programs include Starwood Preferred Guess, Hilton Honors, British Airways, Virgin America, Delta Skymiles, and much more.
The American Express® Gold Card offers many benefits and features with high rewards on spending! This highly rated card from American Express is a favorite among the traveling community.
Apply online now and you will get a response within minutes. Don’t forget the annual fee for this card, which seems high, but the benefits far outweigh this fee! See our full list of Credit Card Promotions.
Eligibility and Benefit level varies by Card. Terms, Conditions and Limitations Apply.
Please visit americanexpress.com/benefitsguide for more details.
Underwritten by New Hampshire Insurance Company, an AIG Company.