The Business Green Rewards Card from American Express is offering 5,000 bonus Membership Rewards points after you make your first purchase. It is a charge card, which must be paid in full each month, hence there is no pre-set spending limit or finance charges.
With the purchasing power that evolves with your business, you can cover more expenses while earning points that you can use to reinvest in your business. Use your earned points to pay for travel, business expenses, Amazon.com purchases, and more.
There’s a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95 (see Rates & Fees). Learn more about this card’s full range of rewards and membership benefits.
Amex Business Green Rewards Card
Earning & Redeeming Membership Rewards Points
You’ll earn 5,000 bonus Membership Rewards points with your first purchase. Use them on travel, business expenses, and more in the Membership Rewards program.
Earn 1 point for every dollar you spend on purchases, 2 points for every dollar you spend with American Express Travel. Shop online at membershiprewards.com/earn to earn up to 10 points for every dollar at over 300 brands. There is no limit to the points you can earn, and points don’t expire.
Redeem your points by booking flights on any airline, without blackout dates or seat restrictions. Either pay down your statement balance or shop with points at Amazon.com. Get gift cards from leading brands and restaurants or use points at Ticketmaster to purchase tickets for concerts, theater, sports, and more.
Green Rewards Card Business Convenience
If you’re a business that likes to pay down your credit card each month this is perfect. The Business Green Rewards Card from American Express is a charge card. This means you won’t be able to carry a balance. Thus, you won’t have to pay any interest. Spending limits are adjusted based on card use, payment history, credit record, and other financial resources known to American Express.
In addition, you can add employee cards at no extra costs. Time and time again, credit cards tend to charge for every fee that is necessary for you to operate a business. Here, the Green Rewards Card from Amex is giving you everything without making you pay for each service.
As a card member you will also receive travel protection that will ensure a smooth ride for your travel plans. Rest easy, knowing that if you’re on the road, you can use the card’s travel accident and rental card insurance to minimize your out-of-pocket expenses.
The Business Green Rewards Card from Amex offers convenient business tools. You can access all your payment information recorded conveniently for your business needs. You also get to use the American Express ReceiptMatch app. Conveniently add receipts and notes to your transactions on a computer or through your mobile device.
Easily keep up with your transactions on the go! Also if you have a business partner that you want to access to manage the account, you can use their Account Manager access. This way, if you’re in the air, you have someone that can handle all your finances without missing a beat. Last and not least, you can enjoy the OPEN Savings benefit where you can get up to 10% discount or 4X points per $1 spent at eligible OPEN Savings® merchants.
Extended Perks & Benefits
- Baggage Insurance Plan covers you when you purchase your Common Carrier Conveyance (plane, train, ship, helicopter, or bus) on your eligible Card.
- Car Rental Loss & Damage Insurance covers your rental if it’s damaged or stolen. Simply use your card to reserve and pay for your rental. Then, decline the collision damage waiver at the rental counter.
- Global Assistance Hotline guarantees you 24/7 medical, legal, financial, and emergency assistance when you’re more than 100 miles from home.
- Roadside Assistance guarantees you 24/7 help when you’re more than 50 miles from home. Whether you’ve got a flat, empty tank, or need a tow to the nearest garage, you can get assistance.
- Purchase Protection protects eligible purchases made with the card against accidental damage and theft for up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Coverage is limited to $1,000 per occurrence, up to $50,000 per cardmember account per calendar year.
- Return Protection is available if a store or vendor won’t return an eligible item you purchased with your card. American Express can refund your purchase price up to $300 per item (excluding shipping and handling), up to $1,000 per account each year.
- Extended Warranty extends the terms of the original U.S. manufacturer’s warranty for up to 1 additional year on eligible purchases made to your card. This is available on warranties of 5 years or less. Coverage is limited to the actual amount charged to your card for the item or up to $10,000, whichever is less. There’s a maximum of up to $50,000 per account per calendar year.
- Fraud Protection Guarantee protects your identity against fraudulent use of your card. American Express will sort things out immediately if your identity has been stolen.
Amex Business Green Rewards Card Features
- Baggage Insurance Plan. Just charge your Common Carrier fee on your eligible Card to be covered.
- Car Rental Loss & Damage Insurance. Use your eligible Card to reserve and pay for an auto rental and decline the collision damage waiver at the rental counter. As a Cardmember, you can be covered if the car is damaged or stolen.
- Global Assist Hotline. Guarantees you 24/7 medical, legal, financial, and emergency assistance when you’re more than 100 miles from home.
- Roadside Assistance. Guarantees you 24/7 help, when you’re more than 50 miles from home-whether you’ve got a flat, empty tank, or need a tow to the nearest garage.
- Purchase Protection. Can protect eligible purchases made with the Card against accidental damage and theft for up to 90 days from the date of purchase. The coverage is limited to $1,000 per occurrence, up to $50,000 per Cardmember account per calendar year. It’s in EXCESS of other sources of indemnity.
- Return Protection. If a store or vendor won’t return an eligible item you purchased with your Card, American Express may refund your purchase price. This is valid for up to $300 per item (excluding shipping and handling), up to $1,000 per account each year.
- Extended Warranty. Can extend the terms of the original U.S. manufacturer’s warranty for up to 1 additional year. It’s only on eligible purchases with warranties of 5 years or less, when the purchase is charged to the Card. Coverage is limited to the actual amount charged to your Card for the item or up to $10,000; whichever is less not to exceed up to $50,000 per Cardmember account per calendar year.
Maximize Earning & Redeeming Amex Points
You’ll earn 2X points for eligible purchases at Amex Travel, rather than business-related expenses. All other purchases earn 1X points.
Redeem your Membership Rewards points for a variety of options, including shopping on Amazon, gift cards and Uber rides. You can also book travel on the American Express Travel website. However, the best way to use your points is to transfer them to one of Amex’s airline partners. Frequent flyer programs offer you the best value for your points.
You should be aware that transfer rates to some airlines are not at a 1:1 ratio. Many are, but, for instance, JetBlue transfers at a rate of 250 Amex points for 200 JetBlue points.
Another consideration is that there is a small transfer fee for domestic airlines (see Rates & Fees).
Editor’s Alternative Pick
The signup bonus for the Business Green Rewards Card from American Express is very easy to get. You just need one purchase within the first year. Redeem your points in a variety of ways. This card is pretty cheap for small business owners to use, with the annual fee waived for the first year.
Enjoy free employee cards to distribute, plus get tools, like spend tracking and account management options, to make life easier. American Express has relatively good customer support, especially for Amex Business cardholders. The Business Green Rewards card is pretty basic. Give this card a try for your business. If not, check out our list of credit card bonuses and their reviews, here on HMB.
(Visit American Express for more details)
What’s the Competition?
With the Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card:
• Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
• Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn
• Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
• No foreign transaction fees
• Employee cards at no additional cost
• $95 Annual Fee
With the The Business Platinum® Card from American Express:
• Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
• Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
• Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
• Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
• 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
• Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
• Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
• Terms Apply
• See Rates & Fees
|Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card||80,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Ink Business CashSM Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||3% Cash Back||Review|
|UnitedSM Explorer Business Card||Up to 100,000 Miles||Review|
|ABOC Platinum Rewards Mastercard®||$150 Cash||Review|
While American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
For rates and fees of the Business Green Rewards Card from American Express, please click here.