For businesses looking for a no-annual-fee cash back credit card, check out the new Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Card. Earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase made for your business, plus other business boosting benefits.
New cardholders can enjoy a welcome bonus of $500 after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
You could get away with solely cashing out your rewards, but you can boost the value of your Ink Business Unlimited points when you pair it up with other credit cards. Take a look at how you can use the Ink Business Unlimited to your business advantage in this in-depth review.
Table of Contents
Chase Ink Business Unlimited Card
Chase Ink Business Unlimited Card Benefits
The Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Card is the go-to card for these reasons:
- A good sign up bonus. Enjoy $500 bonus cash back after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Take note that you can convert this cash to Ultimate Rewards points to earn even more value for your rewards.
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back. This applies to every purchase made for your business.
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months. Then a 15.49% – 21.49% variable rate applies afterwards. This applies to purchases.
- Employee cards at no additional cost. Earn cash back when your employees use their card. If employees are allowed to use the account, they will be authorized users. Thus, they'll have equal charging privileges unless you established individual spending limits.
- Purchase protection and extended warranty. This covers your new purchases for up to 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account. In addition, extended warranty extends the time period of a U.S. manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year on eligible warranties of three years or less.
- Auto rental collision damage waiver. Decline the rental car company’s collision insurance when you rent car for business purposes using the Ink Business Unlimited. The card will cover up to the cash value of the vehicle in the case of theft or collision damage. This is valid on most rentals in the U.S. and abroad. Best of all, you'll receive primary coverage.
- Transfer points. With Ultimate Rewards points, you can pool your points with your other Chase credit cards if you like to travel or go on a lot of business trips. In fact, you can get more out of your Ink Business Unlimited points if you pair it up with another Chase card that earns Ultimate Rewards points. Then, either transfer the points 1:1 to a travel partner or get 25% off travel when you redeem your points for airfare, hotels, and car rentals through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.
- No annual fee.
Chase Ink Business Unlimited Card Pitfalls
You may not like the Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Card due to these reasons:
- A foreign transaction fee. The Ink Business Unlimited will charge a 3% foreign transaction fee for each non-U.S. transaction in U.S. dollars. Use the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card instead as it does not have a foreign transaction fee.
- High APR. You may do better looking for another card with a lower interest rate if you find yourself needing to pay off your business expenses in installments. Interest charges can add up quickly if you don’t pay off your balance in full each month.
- Better rewards programs elsewhere. If you're not digging the 1.5% cash back across the board, and you tend to put more spending in a specific business category, other business credit cards may better suit your business and offer bonuses.
Benefits Built For Your Success
- Fraud Protection: Safeguard your account with real-time fraud monitoring.
- Travel and Emergency Assistance Services: If you run into a problem away from home, call the Benefit Administrator. You can get legal and medical referrals or other travel and emergency assistance. You will be responsible for the cost of any goods or services obtained.
- Extended Warranty Protection: Extend the time period of your U.S. manufacturer's warranty by an additional year. This benefit is eligible warranties of three years or less.
- Zero Liability Protection: For unauthorized charges made with your card or your account information, you won't be held responsible.
- Purchase Protection: New purchases are covered for 120 days against damage or theft. This benefit will cover up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account.
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver: Decline the rental company's collision insurance and charge the entire rental cost to your Ink Business Unlimited card. Coverage is primary when renting for business purposes. Receive reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage. This benefit is available for most cars in the U.S. and abroad.
Earning Cash Back
Similar to the Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card, the Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Card offers 1.5% cash back per dollar spent on all purchases. Its rewards structure is simple.
However, this may not be the optimal card if you tend to spend more on specific categories. For example, if you purchase airfare with this card, you may be missing out on rewards of up to 5X points per dollar spent, such as with the Business Platinum® Card from American Express.
Or if you pay more for office supplies or internet service, you may be interested in the Chase Ink Business CashSM Card that pays 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on cellular phone, landline, internet and cable TV services each account anniversary year.
Thus, it's better to use another business credit card that could offer you better returns before using this one.
Pair It Up With Another Chase Credit Card
If you're interested in applying for Chase's other credit cards, you could pair this card up with one.
While the Ink Business Unlimited card offers the best return on everyday non-bonus spending, the other two Ink Business cards have great bonus categories.
The Ink Business Cash card also doesn't come with an annual fee and offers 5% cash back on the first $25,000 of combined purchases per anniversary year on office supply stores, internet, cable TV, mobile phones, and landlines and 2% cash back on the first $25,000 of combined purchases per anniversary year on restaurants and gas stations.
In comparison, the Ink Business Preferred card has a $95 annual fee and offers 3X points on the first $150,000 spent each anniversary year on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable, phone services, and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines. With the Ink Business Preferred card earned points increase in value. Plus, the card has some sweet perks itself, such as a cell phone protection benefit.
The Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Card has a few ways you can redeem your rewards. Redeem for cash back, for gift cards, or for travel and merchandise that Chase's rewards program offers.
If you redeem for cash, you can get statement credit, reduce your card balance, or as an electronic deposit into an eligible U.S. checking or savings account.
The best regular redemption option is for statement credits. They will always provide the full value of $1 for every $1 in cash back that you earned. Other methods will offer varying redemption values. Plus, you won’t always get the full $1 for every $1 that you earned. They’re also more of a hassle to go through.
Move your points to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards points, and you can boost your redemption rate. Once you move your points to your Ultimate Rewards-earning account, you can transfer them to one of Chase's travel partners or book travel directly through the Chase portal and get up to 1.5 cents per point in value, the maximum being with the Chase Sapphire ReserveSM Card.
When you transfer your points, you can get even more value for your redemptions. Though, this depends on which airline or hotel partner you transfer to.
What About Other Options?
Here’s how the Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Card stacks up against the Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business Card, another top-rated business credit card offered by Capital One.
With the Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card:
• Earn $500 bonus cash back after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
• Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase made for your business
• 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases
• Employee cards at no additional cost
• No Annual Fee
With the Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business:
• Earning unlimited 2% cash back could mean thousands of dollars each year going back into your business
• Plus, a one-time $500 cash bonus once you spend $4,500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening
• Use Spark Cash across all your business spend, with no categories to limit your purchasing
• $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
• Rewards won't expire for the life of the account, and you can redeem your cash back for any amount
• Get employee cards at no additional cost, and earn rewards from their business spend
If your business spends over $19,000 per year, the Spark Cash for Business gets you more value than with the Ink Business Unlimited. With this amount spent, the increased rewards of 2% unlimited cash back on all purchases makes up the $95 annual fee (waived for the first year).
Unfortunately, the Spark Cash for Business doesn't synergize with other Capital One credit cards. So, your 2% rewards rate is capped. Depending on what you're looking for, it may be enough.
But, for others who want to collect points and redeem them for flights or hotels, I highly recommend the Ink Business Unlimited card paired up with the Ink Business Preferred card.
The Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Card is an excellent addition to the Ink collection to aid in the gaps that the Ink Business Cash card and Ink Business Preferred card don't cover.
Use it to its fullest potential by pairing it up with a Chase card that offers Ultimate Rewards points. This way, it offers one of the best returns on non-bonus spending for any business card.
This card is a great option for business expenses that don't fall into the spending bonus categories other cards have. It's especially beneficial with the unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases and no annual fee. If you're interested in what more Chase has to offer, take a look at our list of the best Chase Bank promotions and the best Chase credit cards currently being offered. For more credit cards, see our latest list of the best credit card bonuses.
(Visit Chase for more details)
See rates & fees here.
|Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card||80,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Ink Business CashSM Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||3% Cash Back||Review|
|UnitedSM Explorer Business Card||50,000 Miles||Review|
|ABOC Platinum Rewards Mastercard®||$150 Cash||Review|