There is a plethora of business credit cards out there. However, the Chase Ink Business CashSM Card offers some of the best rewards with a $500 cash back signup bonus, no annual fee, and a superb rewards program.
You earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year.
You can also earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases on gas stations and restaurant expenses each account anniversary year, and 1% cash back on all other things.
Plus, there is a 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases. I personally prefer the Ink Business Cash to the other Ink cards because you get generous cash back and no annual fee for a business card!
Editor’s Note: You may not know this, but if you ever sell something on eBay, Craigslist, or do any freelance work, your business is called sole proprietorship. Simply use your name as business ID and Social Security number as tax ID on your application to apply.
*Don’t forget that Chase offers great bonuses for their Checking/Savings accounts also.
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SavingsSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|You InvestSM by J.P. Morgan||$625 Cash||Review|
Table of Contents
Chase Ink Business Cash
Chase Ink Business Cash Benefits
The Chase Ink Business CashSM Card is the go-to card for these reasons:
- A good bonus. You’ll earn 50,000 bonus points, which can be redeemed for $500 cash back, when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn up to 5% cash back. You’ll earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year. Then, 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year. You’ll earn 1% cash back on all other purchases with no limit to the amount you can earn.
- 0% introductory APR on purchases for the first 12 months (15.49% – 21.49% Variable thereafter). This could be helpful for new or growing small businesses who may need to make some larger initial investments or have irregular cash flow. Having this intro APR for the first year could equal a lot of money saved on interest.
- Cash back rewards don’t expire. Your rewards will never expire as long as your account is kept open and it stays in good standing. This way, you won’t have to worry about losing them if you forget to redeem them.
- Free employee cards. Add employee cards for no additional annual fees. The rewards program will apply to those cards as well. This way, you can earn rewards even faster on your card account. Minimize the risk of credit card abuse by setting a spending limit for each employee card. You’ll also be automatically notified whenever an employee makes a purchase.
- Protection benefits. You’ll get travel protection and purchase protection with your Ink Business CashSM Card.
Chase Ink Business Cash Pitfalls
You may not like the Chase Ink Business CashSM Card due to these reasons:
- Low earning cap. The 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year and 2% cash back on gas and dining is only on first $25,000. If you spend more than $25,000 a year in combined purchases in either of those categories, you might want to find another card to maximize your earnings like the SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card from American Express which offers an increased cap of the first $50,000 in purchases per calendar year for its cash back rewards.
- Traveler unfriendly. This card has a foreign exchange transaction fee of 3% of the amount of each transaction in U.S. dollars. If you or your employees are traveling internationally, this may not be the right one to use. If your company does travel outside the States to do foreign affairs, you may want to take a look at the Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card instead.
- High credit requirement. If you have low or don’t have good credit, you may not be able to qualify for this card. Chase usually requires good to excellent credit for their cards.
Earning & Redeeming Cash Back
Chase Ink Business CashSM Card shines in multiple areas and its big cash back rewards is one of them. The bonus categories are specialized for small businesses with low annual expenses, promoting fast-earning rewards. We really can’t stress how fantastic the 5% and 2% bonus categories are.
- 5% Cash Back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year.
- 2% Cash Back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year
- 1% Cash Back on all other card purchases with no limit to the amount you can earn.
Rewards are earned as points. 1 point equals 1% or 1 cent cash back. If you reach the $25,000 spending limits for the 5% and 2% categories each year, you’ve earned a total of $1,750 in cash back rewards that can be used towards your business. The possibilities are infinite because this valuation doesn’t include what you would earn in the 1% categories. Redeem rewards for cash back, gift cards or even travel. They do not expire as long as your account is open. If redeeming for travel, we strongly encourage to transfer those earned reward points to a premium Chase card like Chase Sapphire Preferred® for extra value per point and flexibility.
Points are your rewards. One point equals 1%, or $0.01 cash back. So if you have 5,000 points, you can redeem them for a $50 check. There is no limit to the amount of cash back you can earn.
Chase Ink Business Cash Features
- No Annual Fee. Unlike most business credit cards, it doesn’t come with an annual fee! You can sock it away and not have to worry about a single thing!
- Employee Cards at No Additional Cost. Your employees can make necessary purchases in the name of the business without giving up control of the account. You can set each employee to various spending limits anytime you feel like you need it. This way, your employees’ spending will also help you gain more in cash back.
- Business Features and Protection. Get free monthly statements and quarterly management reports. Expenses are itemized and categorized to track your business’ spending easier. Card holders receive zero liability protection. For any unauthorized purchases made with your Ink business card, you are not responsible to pay a single cent.
- Travel Benefits and Perks. Enjoy travel accident insurance, auto rental insurance, roadside dispatch, baggage delay refund, 24/7 real-person customer service, purchase protection, extended warranty, fraud early warning service, etc.
Small-Business Mind Set
The Chase Ink Business CashSM Card understands small businesses and their needs. Whether you are a small business owner or sole proprietor, you’ll need a business credit card that rewards you on purchases geared towards business expenses and keep track of your spending.
The Ink Business Cash offers online business tools to allow easy account managing. Set spending limits on employee cards. Plus, track expenses and identify potential tax deductions.
Small businesses are hard to keep up with because of the many moving parts and limited amount of people to oversee. However, Chase also offers Ink Mobile app. This mobile app will allow you to monitor your business down to the T. You’ll never have to wait to get a surprise, good or bad, since you have your account information at your fingertips any day and anytime.
Transfer Your Points
Then, you’ll be able to redeem rewards through Chase’s travel portal. Get a value of 1.25 cents per point or transfer them at 1:1 to your favorite major loyalty program, such as British Airways, United Airlines, and Hyatt, to potentially get even more value out of your rewards.
Both of these cards do come with fees. Though, it’s highly worth it if you take advantage of the points redemption benefits. Plus, both cards come with 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through the Chase Ultimate Rewards® portal.
In addition to travel benefits, you’ll also receive some shopping benefits when using the Chase Ink Business CashSM Card:
- Purchase Protection: Purchasing a fancy new laptop? No worries. Your new, eligible purchases with the Ink Business Cash from Chase are covered against damage or theft for up to 120 days and up to $10,000 per claim for a maximum of $50,000 per account.
- Extended Warranty Protection: If you purchase a product in the U.S., you get an additional year of warranty on eligible products if the U.S. manufacturer’s warranty is 3 years or less.
With generous cash back options along with travel and shopping benefits, the Ink Business Cash is one of the best business credit cards around (along with a generous bonus). The money you earn off the credit card rewards help keep your business up. Plus, it can also make itemizing your purchases a breeze.
The Ink Business Cash is a small business gem and shines in several aspects. Enjoy a fantastic bonus, superb cash back rewards, no annual fees to pay, and a year of 0% introductory APR on purchases. Do yourself and the business a favor and apply for this card today! For more options, check out the promotions offered via our list of credit cards!
(Visit Chase for more details)
For more details pricing & terms, click here.
|Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card||80,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Ink Business CashSM Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||3% Cash Back||Review|
|UnitedSM Explorer Business Card||Up to 100,000 Miles||Review|
|ABOC Platinum Rewards Mastercard®||$150 Cash||Review|
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.