Introducing a card that rewards you for business travels – the Marriott Bonvoy BusinessTM American Express® Card will surely work as hard as you do!
When applying, you have the opportunity to earn 75,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months
On top of the excellent bonus offer, you can earn 6x points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels, 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping, and 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
This card does carry a $125 annual fee (See Rates & Fees) This fee is definitely subtle compared to the perks and benefits offered. For instance, you receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your card account anniversary benefits surely outweighs the annual fee.
Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card
Travel & Purchase Benefits
- Redeem for Free Nights – Earn free nights at over 6,700 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels. Some hotels and resorts may have mandatory service charges.
- Marriott Bonvoy Air+Car Transfer Program – Redeem Marriott Bonvoy points for flights or car rentals with Air+Car, across hundreds of travel partners around the world. Transfer your points to over 40 airline frequent flyer programs, mostly at a ratio of three points to one mile.
- Complimentary Silver Elite Status – Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status with your Card. Plus, spend $35,000 on eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year and earn an upgrade to Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status through the end of the next calendar year.
- Free Night Award – Relax. This night is on us. Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Use your award for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Premium On-property Internet Access + Boingo Wi-Fi – Enjoy complimentary in-room, premium Internet access while staying at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels, and free, unlimited Wi-Fi on up to four devices at more than 1,000,000 hotspots worldwide with the Boingo American Express Preferred Plan. Boingo enrollment required. Booking requirements apply for in-room Internet access.
- Elite Night Credit – Each calendar year, receive credit for 15 nights towards the next level of Marriott Bonvoy Elite status. Limit one 15 Elite Night Credit per Marriott Bonvoy member. Benefit is not exclusive to Cards offered by American Express. Terms apply.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees (See Rates & Fees)- Marriott Bonvoy Card Members enjoy international travel without foreign transaction fees from American Express when using their Card on purchases abroad.
Earn 6 points per dollar spent at over 6,700 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels worldwide with your Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex Card.
Businesses can enjoy earning 4 points per dollar spent at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
All other purchases earn 2 points per dollar spent.
Points don’t expire as long as you make a purchase with your card every 24 months.
Redeem your points for free nights at participating Marriott, The Ritz-Carlton, and SPG hotels. Each hotel has categories or tiers for redemptions. Redemption amounts are subject to change according with hotel policy.
Use the Cash + Points option to combine cash and points to pay for your stay. This is extra beneficial if you don't have enough points to claim a free night. There are no blackout dates aside from certain high-end resort properties.
You can also transfer points to airline miles with Marriott Bonvoy's travel partners.
- Annual Free Night Award. Each card anniversary year, you’ll receive a free night award. Though, this benefit is capped at 35,000 points.
- Automatic Silver Elite Status. Just for being a card holder, you can earn 20% bonus on all points earned for paid stays. Also enjoy flexible check-in/check-out hours, a 10% discount on weekend stays and hotel gift shop purchases.
- Premium On-property Internet Access + Boingo Wi-Fi. Enjoy complimentary in-room, premium Internet access at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels. Plus, get free, unlimited Wi-Fi on up to four devices. This is available at over 1,000,000 hotspots worldwide with the Boingo American Express Preferred Plan. You must enroll in the Boingo program to qualify.
- 15 Free Elite Night Credits. Each calendar year, get credit for 15 nights towards the next level of Marriott Bonvoy Elite status.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees (See Rates & Fees). Travel internationally while carrying this card and enjoy not paying a foreign transaction fee.
Additional Card Member Benefits
- Shop with less worry. Terms of the original manufacturer's warranty can be extended up to two additional years*. Applies to warranties of 5 years or less that are eligible in the U.S. Please read important exclusions and restrictions.
- *For residents of Indiana, Guam, Puerto Rico, and Northern Mariana Islands, your coverage will match the original warranty period for warranties of less than one (1) year or provide one (1) additional year if the warranty is between one (1) and five (5) years.
- Use your Card for eligible purchases. Then, get protected from accidental damage or theft for up to 120 days* from purchase. Please read important exclusions and restrictions.
- *For residents of New York, Indiana, Guam, Puerto Rico, and Northern Mariana Islands coverage duration is 90 days.
- Amex Offers is a simple and easy way to make your life more rewarding. With offers for shopping, dining, travel, and more, there's something for everyone. Adding offers to your Card is quick, easy, and best of all, incredibly rewarding.
Editor's Alternative Pick
With the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card:
• Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
• Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
If you travel frequently for business at Marriott Bonvoy hotels, you can surely benefit using the Marriott Bonvoy BusinessTM American Express® Card. The points back rewards are phenomenal.
Now, during your business trips, there are times where you may run into unforeseen events. That's why with this card you'll have all the travel and purchase protection perks offered!
Talk about a fantastic card! If you frequently stay at Marriott Bonvoy hotels and spend heavily on travel, this card is definitely for you! For more credit card offers, see our list of the Best Credit Card Promotions!
(Visit American Express for more details)
What's the Competition?
With the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card:
• Earn 30K bonus points when you spend $3,000 in purchases in the first 3 months – that’s a $300 cash redemption value
• $0 Annual Fee
• Earn 3X points for eating out and ordering in
• Earn 3X points for gas stations, rideshares and transit
• Earn 3X points for travel including flights, hotels, homestays and car rentals
• Earn 1X points on other purchases
• 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers (fees apply), then a 16.24%-28.24% variable APR; balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rate and fee
With the Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card:
• Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
• Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn
• Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
• No foreign transaction fees
• Employee cards at no additional cost
• $95 Annual Fee
With the The Business Platinum® Card from American Express:
• Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
• Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
• Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
• Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
• 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
• Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
• Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
• Terms Apply
• See Rates & Fees
|Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card||80,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Ink Business CashSM Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||3% Cash Back||Review|
|UnitedSM Explorer Business Card||50,000 Miles||Review|
|ABOC Platinum Rewards Mastercard®||$150 Cash||Review|
While American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are those of the author alone, who makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information.
Disclaimers: This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.