Interested in applying for new credit cards out there? Don’t know which one is right for you? Look into the Bank of America® Cash Rewards Credit Card because it is a great card to use every single day. You have the opportunity to earn a $200 cash rewards bonus after making at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of your account opening.
This card has a $0 annual fee and no expiration on the rewards so cash in whenever! To entice you even more, you can earn 1% cash back on every purchase, 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs and 3% on a category of your choice, such as a gas, online shopping and more. Maximize your potential savings by using this card and start earning rewards on those everyday purchases!
* The Cash Rewards card is issued by Bank of America. They also offer great sign-up bonuses for their Checking/Savings accounts.
Table of Contents
Bank of America Cash Rewards Credit Card Summary
|Bonus Available||Online $200 cash rewards bonus after making at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of your account opening|
3% cash back in the category of your choice: gas, online shopping, dining, travel, drug stores, or home improvement/furnishings
2% cash back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs
1% cash back on all other purchases
You’ll earn 3% and 2% cash back on the first $2,500 in combined choice category/grocery store/wholesale club purchases each quarter, then earn 1%
|Foreign Transaction Fees||3%|
|Airport Lounge Access||N/A|
- $200 bonus
- No annual fee to justify
- 0% intro APR for 12 billing cycles
- Bank of America Preferred Rewards bonus of 25% – 75%
- $2,500 spending cap on bonus rewards
There are cards with higher rewards if you’re a big spender and willing to pay the annual fee
How Much Cashback Can You Earn?
Although, BoA Cash Rewards credit card offers potentially valuable rewards for frugal spenders, its rewards structure is complicated. The highest rewards rate of 3% for cashback will be in the category of your choice. When selecting a 3% cashback category, you can choose one of the following six options:
- Online shopping
- Home improvement and furnishings
If you’re not able to choose a category then the default will be set to gas. If spending habits change, you have the option to update your choice category for future purchases once a month using the mobile banking app or online banking.
Redeem your cash rewards for any amount, anytime for statement credits, deposits made directly into a Bank of America checking or savings account.
Bank of America Cash Rewards Credit Card Benefits
- $0 Liability Guarantee. The $0 Liability Guarantee covers fraudulent transactions made by others using your account. Claims against posted and settled transactions subject to dollar limits and verification, including providing requested information supporting fraudulent use claim.
- Overdraft Protection. Overdraft transfers to your eligible Bank of America deposit account from your credit card account will be Bank Cash Advances under your Credit Card Agreement. Transfers will be subject to the terms of both your Credit Card Agreement and the account agreement(s) and disclosures governing your Bank of America deposit account.
- Mobile and Text Banking. Mobile Banking requires that you download the Mobile Banking app and is only available for select mobile devices. Bank of America does not charge for Text Banking. However, your mobile service provider may charge for sending and receiving text messages on your mobile phone. Check with your service provider for details on specific fees and charges that may apply. Message and data rates may apply.
- Alerts. You may opt in to receive alerts via text or email. Bank of America does not charge for this service but your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply. Delivery of alerts may be affected or delayed by your mobile carrier’s coverage.
- FICO® Score Program. The FICO Score Program is available only for primary cardholders with an open and active consumer credit card account who have a FICO Score available. Simply access this through Online Banking, the Mobile website, and the Mobile Banking app.
For this credit card, you’ll get a 0% APR rate on purchases for the first 12 billing cycles. This gives you an incredible amount of time and flexibility to pay off a large purchase. After the introductory 0% APR period, your APR will go to Bank of America’s standard rates.
Note the introductory 0% APR offer also applies to balance transfers made in the first 60 days. However, there’s a 3% (min $10) balance transfer fee.
Enroll in Bank of America Preferred Rewards with at least $20,000 in combined accounts and you can enjoy between 25% and 75% boost on every purchase. The Bank of America Cash Rewards credit card Preferred Rewards bonus will be applied after all base and bonus cash rewards have been calculated on a purchase.
You are eligible to enroll in the Preferred Rewards program if you have an active Bank of America personal checking or Advantage Banking account and maintain a 3-month average combined balance in your Bank of America accounts.
|Tier||Qualifying Combines Balance|
If you don’t have an BoA checking account, read the current BoA checking account bonuses to help you decide whether you should switch or not! Enrolled clients can receive a Preferred Rewards bonus of 25% for the Gold tier, 50% for the Platinum tier or 75% for the Platinum Honors tier.
|Qualifying Balance||Bonus Category Reward Rate||Grocery store/ Wholesale club reward rate||Rewards rate on everything else|
|Platinum Honors- $100,000||5.25%||3.5%||1.75%|
|Best Credit Card Categories|
|0% APR||Airline Rewards||Balance Transfer|
|Cash Back||Hotel Rewards||Military|
|No Annual Fee||No Foreign Transaction Fee||Premium|
|Small Business||Student||Travel Rewards|
The Bank of America® Cash Rewards Credit Card provides you with benefits such as 1% cash back on all your purchases, 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs, 3% on a category of your choice, no annual fee, and much more. Start earning easy cash back for your purchases.
On top of all that, you can get a $200 cash rewards bonus after making at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of your account opening. Don’t hesitate on signing up, this card may be for you.
($0 Annual Fee)
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
Who’s the Competition?
Standard Rate on All Purchases
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card and American Express Cash Magnet Card are two no-annual-fee cards that earn a flat rate on all purchases. There are no categories and no rewards caps to worry about.
With the Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Card:
-One-time $150 cash bonus after you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening
-Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
-No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus, cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
-0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months; 16.24%-26.24% variable APR after that
-0% intro APR on balance transfers for 15 months; 16.24%-26.24% variable APR after that; 3% fee on the amounts transferred within the first 15 months
-Pay no annual fee or foreign transaction fees
With the American Express Cash Magnet® Card:
• Earn a $150 statement credit after you spend $1,000 or more in purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
• Unlimited 1.5% Cash Back on your purchases.
• Cash Back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise.
• Low intro APR: 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable rate, currently 15.24% to 26.24%.
• $0 plan fees for plans set up during your first 15 months of Card Membership with Plan It®, a feature that lets you split up big purchases into monthly payments with a fixed fee.
• You spoke, we listened. Over 1.6 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express® Cards in 2018.
• No Annual Fee.
• Terms Apply.
• See Rates & Fees
Earn Another Easy Bonus
With the Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card:
• New Offer! Double Cash Back: Earn 3% cash back on all purchases in your first year up to $20,000 spent. After that earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
• 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 17.24-25.99%. Balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
• No minimum to redeem for cash back
• Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
• Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit JourneySM
• No annual fee
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account (Cashback Match)||$360 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|