Find new HSBC Advance Checking bonuses, promotions, and offers here.
Available online only, HSBC is offering up to $350 with a 2% Cash Back Checking Offer when you open a new HSBC Advance checking account and complete the following qualifying activities.
With this account, you’ll be able to take advantage of 24/7 priority phone support, international benefits, online financial tools, and much more.
HSBC Bank Advance Checking $350 Bonus
Earn $350 bonus with a new Advance Checking account. You can open a new checking account online, nationwide.
- Account Type: Advance Checking
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes
- Monthly Service Fee: See below on how to waive the monthly fee
How To Earn The $350 Bonus
- Get up to $350 with a 2% Cash Back Checking Offer when you open a new HSBC Advance checking account and complete the following qualifying activities.
- Open your new HSBC Advance checking account by March 1, 2020; and
- Set up Qualifying Direct Deposits into your new HSBC Advance checking account; and then
- Enjoy 2% Cash Back on Qualifying Direct Deposits into your new HSBC Advance checking account, up to $30 per month, during the first 12 calendar months after account opening – up to $350
- You will automatically receive the 2% Cash Back in your new HSBC Advance checking account approximately eight weeks after completing that month’s qualifying activities.
- You must be 18 years of age and have a Social Security Number
- Current U.S. residential address and a U.S. residential address for the past three years
- Valid U.S. ID (driver’s license, non-driver identification card, learner permit), passport or Permanent Residential Card/Green Card
- Account information for funding your new account
HSBC Advance Checking:
The $25 monthly maintenance fee is waived if minimum balance requirements are met:
- To qualify for an HSBC Advance relationship (to waive the monthly fee), you need to open an HSBC Advance checking account and maintain combined balances in U.S. Dollar personal deposit accounts and investment balances of at least $10,000 OR
- At least $5,000 with a recurring direct deposit from a third party to an HSBC Advance checking account at least once per calendar month.
Business owners may use their qualifying HSBC U.S. Dollar commercial balances to qualify for a personal HSBC Advance relationship.
- Offer Terms and Conditions: This offer is available only online for applications completed using the Apply now button on the offer webpage.
- You must be at least 18 years of age, have a Social Security Number, currently have a U.S. residential address and have had U.S. residency for the past two years to apply for a deposit account online.
- You will automatically receive the 2% cash back in your new HSBC Advance checking account approximately eight weeks after completing that month’s qualifying activities. Qualifying Direct Deposits are electronic deposits of regular periodic payments (such as salary, pension, Government Benefits or other monthly income) made into your HSBC Advance checking account from third parties at least once per calendar month.
- Customers who held an HSBC consumer deposit or investment account from January 6, 2017 through and including January 6, 2020 are not eligible for this offer. All qualifying activities must be completed within the stated time frames in order to be eligible for the 2% Cash Back. Eligible customers who take advantage of this offer cannot receive any other New Consumer Deposit Offers provided by HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
- New Consumer Deposit Offers are defined as incentives in a form of merchandise and/or cash bonus that are offered to customers who open an eligible checking account and satisfy qualifying activities. HSBC reserves the right to change or terminate this offer at its sole discretion. Limit one 2% Promotional Offer or New Consumer Deposit Offer per customer, including all individual and joint accounts — the first line name on the joint account is considered the customer for gift purposes.
- The 2% cash back to your HSBC Advance checking account may be reported on the applicable IRS form. To be eligible for the offer, your HSBC Advance checking account must be open without being changed to a product with lower balance requirements, in good standing at the time of fulfillment.
HSBC Advance Checking Information
Listed below are eligible deposit methods to fund your checking account
- Cash by teller
- Check by teller
- Bank transfer
- Cash by ATM
- Check by ATM
- Wire transfer
- Mobile/remote check deposit
- Direct deposit
This is what you will need upon applying for a new checking account.
- Social Security number.
- Primary home address.
- US driver’s license or valid state ID.
- Enjoy surcharge-free HSBC ATMs located across the US and around the world.
- You account will come with a free debit Mastercard
- Your HSBC Advance Checking account comes with a free set of personal checks.
- Open an Advance Checking account in person or online with a $$0 minimum deposit.
- Reach HSBC customer service 24/7 through live chat.
- To be eligible for the free HSBC Advance Checking account, you must maintain a combined deposit and investment balance of at least $10,000 or have a $5,000 recurring monthly direct deposit to your account.
- If you fall below the high balance minimum requirement, expect to pay a $25 monthly maintenance fee.
- This account comes with an insufficient funds fee of $35, a stop payment fee of $30 and a $25 account closure fee should you close your account within 180 days of opening it.
Alternative Checking Account Option
Make sure you check out HSBC to learn more about the $350 bonus promotion with a new Advance Checking account. While you would still need direct deposit for this bonus, their opening deposit requirement is pretty manageable. I’d recommend this bonus offer from HSBC Bank.
Keep in mind that you must maintain the minimum qualifying balance on the account for at least 90 days or else the bonus will not be credited. In addition, your account must be open and in good standing to receive your bonus.
For more HSBC bonuses, checkout our compiled list of all HSBC promotions which we will be constantly updating. If this offer is not something you are interested in, take a look at our list of Bank Promotions and more than likely, you can find a more attractive bonus of your liking.
Disclaimer: Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC. The information, including rates and fees, presented in the review is accurate as of the date of the review. Please refer to issuer website and application for the most current information. We may be paid for the content on this site.