Did you recently sign up for multiple credit cards with bonus offers when you meet their spending requirements, but need to find ways to meet the qualifications? Look no further! In this post, we will provide you with multiple routes you can take to fulfill those spending requirements to obtain those bonuses!
Below we have compiled multiples ways to fulfill those requirements from paying for your everyday expenses, travels, bills, purchasing gift cards, paying your insurance, paying student loans, paying your taxes, and much more! Keep in mind that using your credit card to pay for certain expenses could come with a fee!
Pay Using Your Credit Card With No Fees
- Everyday, Regular Spending – Instead of using cash to pay for these types of expenses, just use your credit card instead! You can use your credit card on purchases such as gas for your vehicle, groceries, haircuts, and all of your typical daily/regular spending. In addition, some credit cards offer cash back on all purchases and bonus categories for extra savings!
- Paying Your Insurance Ahead Of Time – Most of the time, insurance companies will offer you a discount if you pay ahead of time in 6-month or yearly segments compared to paying month by month. You could use this to your advantage when you purchase in bulk! It’s a win-win situation as you could use this opportunity to save money in the long run AND be closer to your minimum spending requirements to earn that bonus.
- Pre-Pay Your Monthly Expenses – Most companies will allow you to prepay your monthly expenses (such as your cellphone bill, electricity, cable, gym membership, car loan)! Rather than paying month by month, why not pay 2 months, 3 months, or even 6 months in advance to get ahead to meet those spending requirements?
- Make Big Purchases – We are not suggesting that you make purchases that have no value or serious purpose to you, but if you’re in the market for a new TV, a couch, a new stove, or even a pet, these are great ways to help you meet the requirements.
- Charitable Donations – A majority of charitable organizations will accept credit card donations. This is one way to give back and help your community AND help yourself meet those spending requirements.
- Donate To Kiva.org – Kiva.org is a great micro-financing organization that works with people in developing countries and make it possible to distribute loans to those people in need. They have a 99% track record of paying back the loans. This process is not exactly donating, but you’re helping a person in need and receiving your money back at a later date. The bright side of this method is that you’re “donating” money to a person in need to better their life and situation and you have the option of whom you lend it to!
- Fund Checking Accounts With A Credit Card – Many people are using this method to take advantage of bank promotions available whenever you’re opening up a new checking/savings account. For example, Chase Bank and TD Bank offer excellent account promotions and bonuses.
Pay Using Your Credit Card w/Convenience Fee
- Pay Your Mortgage – Chargesmart allows you to pay your mortgage with a credit card, but it costs a fee of 2% give or take.
- Student Loan Payments – Select colleges may allow you to pay your student loans with a credit card (keep in mind that it may resort in a pretty big fee). Check with your financial aid office for more details.
- Paying Rent – You can pay your rent with a credit card through a variety of services like RadPad, RentMoola, and RentShare. The fees range around 3% give or take if you choose this method.
- Paying Your Taxes – Did you know that you can pay your U.S.taxes with a credit card? Here is the IRS’s List Of Ways To Pay via credit card, debit card, etc. that they allow. The lowest charge is 1.87%.
- Transfering Money via Paypal – Paypal allows you to transfer money or pay someone with a credit card. However, they take a 3% cut, which could eventually become substantial in the amount. Keep in mind that they are also known to shut down accounts if you consistently transfer money back and forth.
- Paying Your Bills Through a 3rd Party – Although there are companies that will not accept a credit card as payment for bills, there are 3rd party services out there that will allow you to do just that. Plastiq is by far the most well known company that offers this service.
Meet Your Spending Requirements
- Buy Merchant Branded Gift Cards (Restaurants, Gas Stations, Stores, Online Shops, etc) – Purchase gift cards from major merchant brands such as Walmart, Quiktrip, Target, Shell, Victoria Secret, McDonald’s, etc.
- These “branded” gift cards typically do not carry any fees and they do not expire, so this is a great way to meet those requirements and have something in store of value for a later date. This is a great way if you know that you’re going to consistently spend at your local grocery store, gas station, etc. If you regularly spend money at certain places, might as wise purchase a gift card in bulk! Gift cards typically come with no fees or expiration date, so see it as spending money on money that you’re going to eventually use anyway! This is a great way to reap in those cash back rewards if your card has that feature!
- Earn more cash back by using discounted gift card sites such as Raise.
- Purchase Visa Gifts Cards – Unlike merchant gift cards, Visa gift cards will have an activation fee (approximately $3 – $7) but they have the advantage of being able to be used anywhere. If you’re not able to make a minimum spend, buy some of these during the minimum spend period and then use them at your leisure.
- Amazon Gift Cards – If you frequently purchase items from Amazon, purchase an Amazon Gift Card! Amazon usually has promotions like purchase a $100 gift card and receive a $5 credit or receive a free charger.
- Buy Paypal Gifts Cards – Select locations allow you to buy Paypal gifts cards with credit cards. If you happen to come across a place that allows it, take advantage! Load up your Paypal account with gift cards and use that to pay for items you buy online or even to pay other people.
- Money Orders – There are select grocery stores (typically the smaller, local stores) that will allow you to purchase money orders with a credit card at no charge whatsoever. You can then buy a money order with a credit card and then deposit the money order in to your bank!
Other Ways To Pay Using Your Credit Card
- Add An Authorized User – You can add an authorized user under your your account. The authorized user will receive a credit card of their own and you could take advantage as you can still reap the benefits.
- If you need help making a minimum spend, consider adding a friend or family member you trust as an authorized user, allowing them to spend money that counts toward your minimum spend, and have them pay you back in cash or a check.
- Caution: You will still be responsible for their spending especially if they default.
- Pick Up The Tab – When you’re out with your date, family, or friends, pay the entire tab on your credit card and get them to reimburse you for their part with cash OR if you’re generous enough, pay the whole tab!
Great Credit Cards To Apply For
If you are looking for more credit cards to apply for with great benefits, here is a list of a few:
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
The Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card offers an additional 1.5% cash back on everything you buy (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year) - worth up to $300 cash back!
Enjoy 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 19.49% - 28.24%.
Enjoy 6.5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more; 4.5% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service, and 3% on all other purchases (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year).
In addition, you can earn (after your first year or $20,000 spent):
• 5% cash back on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service,
• Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
These are just a random few that have bonus opportunities. For a full list of credit cards and the bonus opportunities, visit our Credit Cards List for a card that best suits you!
Furthermore, here is a list of the latest discounted eBay gift cards that you can purchase that will help you towards our minimum spending requirement.
If you’re in a situation where you signed up for multiple credit cards with bonus offers and stuck on finding means to achieving those minimum spending requirements, this post could be of great service to you!
Don’t allow those large minimum spending requirements steer you away from reaping those bonuses! Instead of using cash to make all of your purchases, use your credit card! It has its benefits such as cash back rewards (if your card offers this feature), a more secure form of payment, it could benefit your credit score (if used responsibly), and much more!
Carrying around large amounts of cash could easily be lost. If you’re looking for a way to save money AND a means to meet your minimum spending requirements, check out our best gift card promotions section!
Leave a Reply