Earn a $250 bonus when you open an eligible Fifth Third Bank checking account with qualifying activities. Here’s how:
- Open a new checking account by 12/31/2022.
- Make qualifying direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more within 90 days of account opening.
- The $250 bonus will be added to your new account within 10 business days of completing qualifying activity requirements.
You can open the account online through the promotion’s landing page, or choose instead to enter your email address to receive a unique code that you can take into your local branch.
Many readers have reported receiving their bonus just days after the qualifying deposit is posted.
Table of Contents
Fifth Third Bank $250 Checking Bonus
- Account Type: Momentum® Checking or Preferred checking account
- Availability: FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MI, NC, OH, SC, TN, VA
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- Credit Card Funding: No
- Monthly Fee: $0-$25, waive-able
- Household Limit: None
- Closing Account Fee: None listed
(Offer Expires 12/31/2022)
How To Waive Monthly Fees
- Momentum® Checking Account: The Fifth Third Momentum checking account has no monthly service fees or minimum balance requirements to worry about.
- Preferred Checking Account: The Fifth Third Preferred checking account has a $25 monthly service fee that can be waived if you:
- Achieve a combined total balance of at least $100,000 across your deposit and investment accounts one time per month.
- To qualify for the $250 checking bonus, provide the offer code, open a Fifth Third Momentum® Checking, or Preferred checking account by 12/31/2022 and make qualifying direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more within 90 days of account opening. Account(s) must be funded within 45 days of account opening or account may be closed, and you may not be eligible for the bonus.
- The $250 checking bonus does not require any additional activities.
- A qualifying Direct Deposit is an Automated Clearing House (ACH) credit, which may include payroll, pension or government payments (such as Social Security).
- The cash bonus will be deposited into your new account within 10 business days of completing qualifying activity requirements. In order to receive the cash bonus, your checking account must be open and in good standing.
- Offer is not available to existing Fifth Third checking customers or to those with a Fifth Third Checking account that has been closed within the last 12 months.
- Bank reserves the right to limit each customer to one new account-related gift incentive per calendar year.
- Eligibility may be limited based on your account type and ownership role.
- Account must be funded within 45 days of account opening. No minimum deposit required to open a checking account.
- Bonus may be taxable as interest income and reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Consult your tax advisor.
- UNIQUE OFFER CODE MUST BE PRESENTED AT ACCOUNT OPENING TO RECEIVE THE BONUS.
- See your banker for details.
- Not valid with any other offer.
To earn the bonus, I would choose to open the Fifth Third Bank Momentum® Checking since it does not charge a monthly fee.