It’s 2018, new year new you, and what better way to add in change than working on fitness and health to improve yourself. Signing up for a gym is a great start but if you’ve noticed a sudden change in your cost, then listen up. Recently, if you’ve signed up with a gym such as 24 Hour Fitness from April 1, 2006 and were still enrolled in a prepaid membership as of April 1, 2015, then you are eligible for a potential award from the 24 Hour Fitness Prepaid Membership Class Action Lawsuit! According to the lawsuit,24 Hour Fitness USA Inc. offered a membership plan in which, if the member prepaid one to three years’ worth of membership, they could maintain the membership indefinitely by paying the same annual renewal fee every year but instead, began to alert members that it would raise their annual renewal fees, in some cases to as much as double or triple the previous rates if you do change your membership. 24 Hour Fitness denies all acts of allegations, however, they have agreed to settle the class-action lawsuit in order to avoid the further risk and cost of ongoing litigation. So if you are eligible, file a claim by February 26,2018 to receive your potential award!
24 Hour Fitness Prepaid Membership CAL:
- 24 Hour Fitness Prepaid Membership Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: February 26, 2018
- Who’s Eligible: The settlement Class covers persons who, according to 24 Hour Fitness’s records, enrolled in or updated a 24 Hour Fitness Prepaid Membership on or after April 1, 2006 and were still enrolled in a prepaid membership as of April 1, 2015.
- Estimated Amount: varies
- Proof of Purchase: To submit a Claim Form and declaration online, Class Members must provide either the claimant ID number provided in their settlement notice or their prepaid membership agreement number.
- Case Name & Number: 24 Hour Fitness Prepaid Memberships Litigation, Case No. 4:16-cv-01668, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California. This caption include consolidated cases 3:16-cv-01668-JSW and 3:16-cv-02359-JSW.
How To File a Claim:
- Head over to the 24 Hour Fitness Prepaid Membership Claim Form.
- Look over the claim form to see if you are eligible and complete the following information required.
- Submit your claim by February 26, 2018 to receive your potential award!
If working out is what you’re dedicated to or want to start 2018 right, the props to you! But if you’ve recently signed up with 24 Hour Fitness and noticed a change in your membership cost, then you are eligible for a potential award from the 24 Hour Fitness Prepaid Membership Class Action Lawsuit! According to the lawsuit, 24 Hour Fitness promised members lifetime renewals for an annual fee that would not change but surprisingly, they later raised that fee on some members. Some members were charged double to triple their previous rates. Working out should be a hobby or personal choice, not a financial crisis without any warning. If you are eligible, file a claim by February 26, 2018 to receive your potential award! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!