Termax agreed to pay $472,100 as part of a class action lawsuit settlement to resolve claims it collected employee biometrics in violation of Illinois’ Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA).
According to a class action lawsuit from former employees, Termax violated BIPA by collecting employee fingerprints using a time clock system. The company allegedly failed to provide the BIPA-required disclosures or obtain the necessary consent before collecting and storing biometric information.
Termax is a manufacturing and engineering company based in Lake Zurich, Illinois. The company specializes in metal, plastic and rubber fastening systems.
Termax hasn’t admitted any wrongdoing under BIPA but agreed to pay $472,100 to resolve these allegations.
Termax Biometric Privacy Class Action Lawsuit
- Who’s Eligible:
- Current and former Termax employees in Illinois who had their biometric identifiers or information collected, captured, received or otherwise obtained by Termax between Sept. 30, 2016, and Aug. 1, 2022.
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Claim Form Deadline: 05/06/2023
- Case Name & Number:
- Luna v. Termax Co., Case No. 21CH00000356, in the Circuit Court of the 19th Judicial District for Lake County, Illinois
- How to file a claim:
- Head over to the Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award!
(Click here to file a claim)
Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements! Be sure to give our list of No-Proof Class Action lawsuit to see other settlements you may qualify for.