If you’re a Chase Sapphire Preferred cardholder, you’re more than likely familiar with the authorized user bonus. This opportunity offers you 5,000 Ultimate Rewards points after you add an authorized user and the user making their first purchase within the first 3 months of account opening. However, now it has been confirmed that this offer is no longer offered for cardholders. However, that does not take away from that there is an outstanding welcome bonus that this card offers (see details below). If you travel far more frequently, definitely see our review on the Chase Sapphire Reserve card.
With the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card:
• Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
• 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
• No foreign transaction fees
• 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
• Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
• No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Overall, I would still recommend this card even if the authorized user bonus is no longer offered. The authorized user bonus being revoked shouldn’t dissuade one from applying if interested – even though this offer was very simple to rack up additional points. All it took was an authorized user to be approved and the AU making their first purchase increasing your card bonus valuation greatly. Could the authorized user bonus come back? Possibily – but only time will tell. This card was definitely not the only card affected as the Chase Freedom and Chase Freedom Unlimited cards’ authorized user bonuses no longer come with that incentive. Let us know about your opinions in the comment section below. If you’re interested in what more Chase has to offer, see our list of the latest Chase Bank Coupons and the Best Chase Credit Card Promotions!
With the Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card:
• Earn $500 bonus cash back after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
• Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase made for your business
• 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases
• Employee cards at no additional cost
• No Annual Fee