Advent Health Partners agreed to a $500,000 settlement to resolve claims surrounding a 2021 data breach that compromised thousands of patients’ information.
Patients later filed a class action lawsuit against Advent, arguing the health system failed to protect their information through reasonable cybersecurity measures.
Advent Health is a Christian health system with 51 hospitals and hundreds of other care sites across nine states.
Advent Health hasn’t admitted any wrongdoing but agreed to a $500,000 class action settlement to resolve these allegations related to the data breach.
Advent Health Data Breach Class Action Lawsuit
- Who’s Eligible:
- Individuals who received a mailed notification that their information was potentially compromised in the September 2021 Advent Health data breach
- Estimated Amount: $750 for ordinary expenses and/or $5,000 for extraordinary expenses
- Proof of Purchase: Yes, Documentation of data breach-related expenses.
- Claim Form Deadline: 04/20/2023
- Case Name & Number:
- McHenry, et al. v. Advent Health Partners Inc., Case No. 3:22-cv-00287, in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- How to file a claim:
- Head over to the Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award!
(Click here to file a claim)
Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements! Be sure to give our list of No-Proof Class Action lawsuit to see other settlements you may qualify for.
Leave a Reply