To aide those in Flordia and the surrounding areas hit by Hurricane Michael, Airbnb has announced that all service fees are waived for those affected through October 29, 2018. Hosts in surrounding areas are also offering free housing and temporary shelter to those who may need it. Currently, Airbnb owners have offered housing to over 11,000 people at no cost for evacuees. You can help too by offering your place for those who are in need. Head to their site to find one near you.
Editor’s Note: United and American Airlines also have an ongoing promotion where you can donate towards the Hurricane Michael relief with various charities. As a thank you, you will receive bonus miles for your donation.
Table of Contents
Airbnb Disaster Response Program:
- Learn More!
- Promotion: Free Accommodations for Hurricane Michael Refugees
- Availability: Various cities and areas across Florida Panhandle and Alabama
- Effective Through: October 29, 2018
How to Get Hurricane Accommodations:
- Go to Airbnb and create an account or log in.
- Click on “I need a place to stay” to start searching for your accommodation.
- Choose your preferred room and book.
If you or anyone you know need a place to stay, Airbnb is offering free accommodation to those affected by Hurricane Michael. In addition, all service fees are waived for those affected through October 29, 2018. If you are able to, you can offer your place to stay as well. If not, you can donate to various charities, such as the Hurricane Michael Relief Fund and the LGBTQ Disaster Relief Fund. If any other organizations are offering relief programs to join the cause, please feel free comment below!
The Chase Freedom Unlimited Card offers an additional 1.5% cash back on everything you buy (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year) - worth up to $300 cash back!
Enjoy 6.5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more; 4.5% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service, and 3% on all other purchases (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year).
In addition, you can earn (after your first year or $20,000 spent):
• 5% cash back on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service,
• Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.