While American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
You know that the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers 6% cash back at U.S supermarkets on up to $6,000, 1% thereafter. Even better news now because you can get an additional 2% cash back at Wholefoods with the new Amex promotion for a total of 8% cash back. This is only valid from October 15 til February 15, 2015 and your card must be enrolled. Only purchases made in store and online are valid for this promotion. They will post your reward dollars within 6-8 weeks after your purchase. If you have the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express instead, then the total cash back would be 5% with this promotion.
Amex 2% Additional Cash Back from WholeFoods:
- Amex Wholefoods Signup
- Expiration Date: 2/15/2015
- Requirements: Add a participating Amex credit card and use it at Wholefoods market in-store or online.
- Additional Terms: Eligible purchases do not include the purchase of traveler’s checks or the purchase or reloading of prepaid cards or other cash equivalents.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers a $250 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
Buy Now, Pay Later: Enjoy $0 intro plan fees when you use Plan It(R) to split up large purchases into monthly installments. Pay $0 intro plan fees on plans created during the first 12 months from the date of account opening. Plans created after that will have a monthly plan fee up to 1.33% of each eligible purchase amount moved into a plan based on the plan duration, the APR that would otherwise apply to the purchase, and other factors.
Low intro APR: 0% for 12 months on purchases from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 18.49% to 29.49%
• 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%).
• 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions.
• 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations and on transit (including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more).
• 1% Cash Back on other purchases.
Get $7 back each month after using your Blue Cash Preferred Card to spend $12.99 or more each month on an eligible subscription to The Disney Bundle, which includes Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. Enrollment required.
The card does come with a $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95. (See Rates & Fees)