While American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
You know that the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers 6% cash back at U.S supermarkets on up to $6,000, 1% thereafter. Even better news now because you can get an additional 2% cash back at Wholefoods with the new Amex promotion for a total of 8% cash back. This is only valid from October 15 til February 15, 2015 and your card must be enrolled. Only purchases made in store and online are valid for this promotion. They will post your reward dollars within 6-8 weeks after your purchase. If you have the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express instead, then the total cash back would be 5% with this promotion.
Amex 2% Additional Cash Back from WholeFoods:
- Amex Wholefoods Signup
- Expiration Date: 2/15/2015
- Requirements: Add a participating Amex credit card and use it at Wholefoods market in-store or online.
- Additional Terms: Eligible purchases do not include the purchase of traveler’s checks or the purchase or reloading of prepaid cards or other cash equivalents.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers a $300 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
• 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%)
• 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions
• 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations.
• 3% Cash Back on transit including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses & more.
• 1% Cash Back on other eligible purchases.
The card does come with a $0 introductory annual fee for one year, then $95. (See Rates & Fees)