Y’all ready for the next hustle? My plan is to apply for food stamps. True dat! What’s better than free food? I kid I kid. But seriously, with over 28 million Americans getting food stamps, you know some of those people don’t need them. I’m pissed off whenever I think they could be working and supporting themselves. I can understand for people who do qualify for getting food stamps. E.G. Single mothers trying to raise a couple of kids and making ends meet. Here’s how you can apply for food stamps.
- Check to see if you qualify.
- If you qualify, find your local food stamp office to apply.
- You can also apply online or pick up an application at your local office.
- You could be getting $150 per person in your household.
- Set up an appointment for an interview. Bring driver license, pay stubs, utility bills, etc.
- more FAQ
Once you are approved for food stamp benefits, they will send you a Electronic Benefits Transfer card along with a PIN and instructions for buying food. You can buy pretty much everything except for non-food items, alcohol, tobacco, etc. If you think you qualify, don’t hesitate to apply.