Media portrays diamonds as the crystal clear, non colored and reflective. What’s not really showed to you are diamonds that are actually colored! Colored diamonds are a thing and they have their own set of beauty standards that you might be interested in looking into. One of the most popular colored diamonds are Black Diamond. They are categorized as Fancy Color Diamonds. Fancy color diamonds are simply diamonds that have extremely strong tints of color. Most colored diamonds are considered lower in value, however, some diamonds are made with so many impurities and inclusions that the diamond becomes a completely different color like Black, blue, pink, and more! If you’re interested in a unique stone and fancy colors, check out our Fancy Color Diamonds Post!
Editor’s Note: One of the most important parts of looking for diamonds is the 4 C’s. If you want to learn more about these 4 C’s, check out our post on the “4 C’s of Diamonds!”
At Whiteflash, they're all about the Ideal Cut Diamond carrying the largest inventory & best selection of AGS certified ideal diamonds in the world!
• Exclusive provider of their own A CUT ABOVE® Super Ideal Diamonds
• Finest designer brands such as Tacori, Verragio, Simon G, Ritani, Danhov, Vatche, and Benchmark
• Entire staff GIA trained including several Graduate Gemologists & Diamond Graduates
• Complete Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee
Table of Contents
Where Black Diamonds Come From
No one knows exactly where Black Diamonds come from, but it is believed to be a presence of graphite in the diamond’s formation. The combined effect of inclusions and graphite create a diamond so dark and black that it creates a cover of black tint. Black diamonds differ from regular diamonds as they consist of many small crystals that are stuck together rather than just one continuous diamond.
Black Diamond Intensity Level
Black diamonds can only be found in one color intensity: Fancy Black. Fancy White and Fancy Red Diamonds come with one intensity grade too, but most colored diamonds come with up to nine diamond color tints from faint to deep.
When looking for a Black Diamond, it’s important to consider the 4 C’s of diamonds, but it’s more important to consider whether the color is completely saturated and that there are no imperfections on the diamond.
Pick the shape of your diamond based on your personal preferences.
|Where Is The Best Place To Buy An Engagement Ring?|
|Best Place To Buy Online||James Allen|
|Biggest Selection||Blue Nile|
|Best Diamond Cuts||Whiteflash|
How Rare are Black Diamonds?
Naturally made Black Diamonds are rare, but there are a plethora of diamonds that are treated to become black. Extremely low priced black diamonds are most likely going to color treated. If the description says it is natural, it doesn’t necessarily mean it is naturally made black. It could mean that the actual diamond is made naturally.
The best way to shop for black diamonds is to go to a reputable company and view the diamond for its flaws, inclusions, and saturation of color. A great retailer with the ability to view the diamond online is James Allen. They offer HD 360 degree viewing technology that shows the diamond in its actual state and allows you to view every single angle to check for any imperfections that may throw you off a diamond!
At James Allen, their diamond and gemstone fine jewelry collection offers hand-crafted pieces of unforgettable luxury that are perfect for any occasion.
• Their mission is to offer consumers online the highest quality diamonds & largest selection at the best price.
• 150,000+ certified conflict-free diamonds, all photographed in 360° HD
• 24/7 Diamond Experts, with option for Real-Time Diamond Inspections
• Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping Worldwide
• Hassle-Free Returns with 100% Money Back Guarantee
Black Diamond Jewelry Options
Diamonds don’t only belong on a ring! Get Black Diamonds on jewelry too! The most popular black diamond arrangements are the Pendant, earrings, and necklace styles.
Black Diamond Engagement Ring Options
If you are looking for a completely unique option, Black diamond engagement rings are very unique and can really bring the attention. Matching it with a great setting will amplify its beauty.
Setting 1: Halo– This popular setting puts the black diamond in the forefront and is supported by other colorless diamonds surrounding it.
Setting 2: Side Stone– Amplifies black diamond by placing 2 colorless diamonds on the sides of it
Setting 3: Solitaire– All of the focus is on the Black Diamond as it stands on its own.
At Blue Nile, their jewelry is designed and crafted with high-caliber, quality materials and inspected with exceptionally high standard.
• Highest Diamond Quality Standard & Authenticity Certified
• Get More For Less & Always Have The Best
• Best Price: Find a comparable GIA graded diamond for less and they’ll match the price. Pay 20% up to 40% less than traditional jewelers
Diamonds come in all shapes, sizes, cuts, carats, and even colors! A fancy colored diamond is a unique look that many people love and enjoy. Break fashion trends from the standard clear and colorless diamond and show off a Black Diamond. Black Diamonds are made from being perfectly imperfect, but they still have some considerations that must be made to get the right Black Diamond. Considerations that should be made are whether there are any visible inclusions or flaws on the diamond seen by the naked eye and whether the diamond is fully saturated by the color’s tint. Ensuring the color and checking for inclusions and flaws, will help you get a beautiful looking diamond. If you’re interested in more useful information on diamonds, be sure to look at our “Diamond Pricing Guides” and other guides like “How to Determine if a Diamond is Authentic.”
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service
• Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
This card has no annual fee.