All residents of California who have ever enrolled in Active Advantage from January 1st, 2010 to December 31st, 2013 may be eligible for a full refund of their membership from a pool of 1.25 million dollars. California Active Advantage has entered into a settlement regarding their violation of California law because they charged membership fees to individuals who signed up without their consent. Plaintiffs in the case claim that California Active committed fraud and deceit by charging customers annual membership fees when they only signed up to enter specific activities or races. California Active Advantage has denied any wrongdoing but has agreed to the settlement. So if you are eligible, file a claim by 01/9/17 to receive your potential award!
Active Advantage Class Action Lawsuit:
- CAA Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 1/9/17
- Who’s Eligible: Class members are eligible if you enrolled in Active Advantage from January 1st 2010 to December 31st, 2013
- Estimated Amount: Full refund of your membership plus a fraction of the remaining sum from the pool
- Proof of Purchase: Yes
- Case Name & Number: Christopher Weight v. The Active Network Inc., Case No. 3:14-cv-00790, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the Active Advantage Claim Form
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Fill out the claim form with your information.
- Submit your claim by 1/9/2016 receive your potential award!
If you enrolled for Active Advantage from January 1st, 2010 to December 31st, 2013 you may be eligible for the refund of your membership fees. According to the lawsuit, Active Advantage charged its customers annual fees which they did not sign up for when they signed up to purchase entrance fees for sporting events across the nation. The plaintiffs claim they only signed up for the fees for specific events but were charged for the annual membership which was listed clearly as part of the policy. Active Advantage has denied any wrongdoing but has agreed to the settlement. So if you are eligible, file a claim by 1/9/2017 to receive your potential award! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!