For residents of California who were exposed to Defendant’s online and/or in store menus, and who purchased a Subject Food Product, you are eligible for a potential award from the California Fuddruckers Class Action Lawsuit! According to the lawsuit, Kobe beef refers to beef that comes from the Wagyu bloodline of cattle that are located only in the Kobe region of Japan.Plaintiff asserts that the menu items at Fuddruckers restaurants do not contain Kobe beef, and that Fuddruckers’ menus misled consumers. So if you are eligible, file a claim by 2/16/17 to receive your potential award!
- Fuddruckers Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 2/16/17
- Who’s Eligible: Class Members of the Kobe beef settlement include: “All California based consumers who were exposed to Defendant’s online and/or in store menus, and who purchased a Subject Food Product (or any menu item that was advertised to contain ‘Kobe’ beef on Defendant’s online and/or in store menus) at or from a Defendant’s restaurant located in the State of California at any time from November 26, 2010 to December 19, 2014.”
- Estimated Amount: $6 or $9
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Case Name & Number: Jaime Gonzalez, et al. v. Luby’s Fuddruckers Restaurants LLC, et al., Case No. BC565138, in the Superior Court of the State of California in and for the County of Los Angeles
How To File a Claim:
- Head on over to the Fuddruckers Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Fill out the claim form with your information.
- Submit your claim by 2/16/17 to receive your potential award!
If you have purchased a product with Kobe Beef at Fuddruckers, then you are eligible for a potential award from the California Fuddruckers Class Action Lawsuit! According to the lawsuit, Gonzalez asserts that Fuddruckers purported to sell menu items containing Kobe beef at a time when imports of Kobe beef were banned. Fuddruckers denies all allegations, but have agreed to settle the class action lawsuit in order to avoid the further risk and cost of ongoing litigation. Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!