If you have TiVo services for $16.95 a month, call them at 1-877-367-8486 to get $6 off a month through their retention department. Ask them for a month free and no yearly contract at the end too. Of course you can’t just call them and ask for $6 off. Follow this game plan:
- CSR: How can I help you?
- You: Hi, I’m thinking of canceling my services because it’s too expensive. Can you transfer me to retention department?
- CSR: sure, not a problem.
- You: Hello, I like my TiVo services, but I can’t afford it anymore. How can I go on canceling the services?
- CSR: Here at TiVo, we have the best deal..blah blah blah blah …great services..blah blah blah
- You: Yeah, I want to stay but I can’t afford the $16.95 per month…only iff…”wait wait”…
- CSR: Sir, I can give you $6 off a month, making your monthly payment to be $10.95 a month.
- You: Great, but can I get a month free too? and I don’t want any yearly contract.
- CSR: not a problem. Anything else I can help you with?
- You: Nope, you have been very helpful. Thank you.
Again..you want to be nice but firm. Don’t give them everything..let the CSR do most of the talking to see what they can offer you. If they actually tell you No, and take you on the bluff. No worry, just say “Yeah I want to cancel, ..but since I’m signing up for a different provider..can you cancel this in two weeks?” Of course, you can call back tomorrow and tell them you don’t want to cancel.
AT&T Universal Savings & Rewards Card for 10% off on your AT&T services
Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card for 15000 bonus points.