For residents of Canada, other than those living in Quebec, who purchased an eligible Samsung or Kenmore brand top-load washer, you are eligible for a potential award from the Canada Samsung Class Action Lawsuit!
According to the lawsuit, there are numerous top-load washers available for compensation under the settlement and a full list of eligible washers is available here.
Canada Samsung denies all acts of allegations, however, they have agreed to settle the class-action lawsuit in order to avoid the further risk and cost of ongoing litigation. So if you are eligible, file a claim by July 25, 2019 to receive your potential award!
Canada Samsung's Lawsuit
- Canada Samsung's Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: July 25, 2019
- Who's Eligible: Residents of Canada who purchased an eligible Samsung or Kenmore brand top-load washer. This excludes those living in Quebec.
- Estimated Amount:
- Enhanced Minimum Recall Rebate: For Class Members that received a recall rebate under the voluntary recall or who selected a recall rebate on the voluntary recall website before settlement approval. This will provide a rebate worth 15.5 percent of a new washer’s estimated purchase price. Applies to Class Members who purchased a new Samsung washer and received less than a 15.5 percent rebate.
- Settlement Recall Rebate: For Class Members who selected a recall rebate on the voluntary recall website after settlement approval. This consequently provides a rebate worth 15.5 percent of a new washer’s estimated purchase price if Class Members did not replace their washer with a Samsung appliance.
- Recall Repair Additional Benefit: For Class Members who received a recall repair under the voluntary recall. Provides between $25 and $85 for the purchase of a Samsung microwave or Samsung Major Home Appliance.
- Top Separation Relief: For Class Members who experienced top separation within seven years of their washer’s purchase data. This will consequently provide a full refund of the washer and up to $100 in expense reimbursement. This can be up to $50 of which can be used for clean-up costs.
- Commitment for Recall Repair: For Class Members who select a recall repair through the voluntary recall website before the claims deadline. Consequently, this allows Class Members to request a washer repair. If a repair person does not comply with the repair request within 14 days, Class Members may receive a $50 cash-equivalent card.
- Proof of Purchase: Documentation is required for some of the benefits to prove that the washer is no longer in use or that the Class Member purchased a new non-Samsung brand replacement washer.
- Case Name & Number: Henriksen v. Samsung Electronics Canada Inc., Case No. 2762-16-CP, in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice
How To File a Claim
- Head over to the Canada Samsung's Claim Form.
- Look over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your information.
- Submit your claim by July 25, 2019 to receive your potential award!
For residents of Canada who purchased an eligible Samsung or Kenmore brand top-load washer, then you are eligible for a potential award from the Canada Samsung Class Action Lawsuit! This, however, excludes those who live in Quebec.
According to the lawsuit, Canada Samsung located in Canada, there are numerous top-load washers available for compensation under the settlement. So if you are eligible, file a claim by July 25, 2019 to receive your potential award! In addition, don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
(Click here to file a claim at Canada Samsung)
|Simple High-Yield Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account||$360 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|